style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3571 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice.

I have 2 periods of debt now with rossendales and also arrears for this year! I have never paid anything to rossendales or allowed them access to the house.

For the 2 years I should of been exempt due to year 1 being on income support and year 2 being a student! The council will not backdate as they deny knowing this info and I cant prove otherwise(that they knew, can prove IS and student)

So the bailiff came in August and gave me paperwork, I didnt sign anything just filled it out and sent cheque for £70. The bailiff turned up last thursday and put a letter through my door(not even in an envelope) stating a car reg number and he would come back the next day. I text him later that evening to say I had already made an offer and had heard nothing! The cheque has not left my account as I have checked. I reoffered the money and to make up any arrears.

I then got a text back saying debt in full or car goes phone me at 3pm. I phoned him sooner and the outcome was £1000 in 7 days or he will take posessions. I dont even know how much I owe as it does not say on the letter!

The car is not mine but hes not bothered, I have tried to get a loan with provident but waiting to hear back. I cant come up with £1000 in 7 days, I am a single mum with 4 kids and yes i'm in debt up to my eye balls and now back on anti-depressants to try and cope.

I do want to pay but I cant find that sort of money, what can I do? I am so ill from it all and I can honestly say if I didnt have kids I would not be here and I would just of given up!

Please please can someone help I really am desperate and I dont know how I'll cope when they tun up on friday I am so scared

Thank you

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice.

I have 2 periods of debt now with rossendales and also arrears for this year! I have never paid anything to rossendales or allowed them access to the house. Good

For the 2 years I should of been exempt due to year 1 being on income support and year 2 being a student! The council will not backdate as they deny knowing this info and I cant prove otherwise(that they knew, can prove IS and student) did you fill any paperwork out or send them any letters?

So the bailiff came in August and gave me paperwork, I didnt sign anything just filled it out and sent cheque for £70. The bailiff turned up last thursday and put a letter through my door(not even in an envelope) stating a car reg number and he would come back the next day. I text him later that evening to say I had already made an offer and had heard nothing! The cheque has not left my account as I have checked. I reoffered the money and to make up any arrears.

I then got a text back saying debt in full or car goes phone me at 3pm. I phoned him sooner and the outcome was £1000 in 7 days or he will take posessions. I dont even know how much I owe as it does not say on the letter!

The car is not mine but hes not bothered, I have tried to get a loan with provident - please don't do this -but waiting to hear back. I cant come up with £1000 in 7 days, I am a single mum with 4 kids and yes i'm in debt up to my eye balls and now back on anti-depressants to try and cope.

I do want to pay but I cant find that sort of money, what can I do? I am so ill from it all and I can honestly say if I didnt have kids I would not be here and I would just of given up!

Please please can someone help I really am desperate and I dont know how I'll cope when they tun up on friday I am so scared

Thank you

Do you know how many Liability Orders are against you?

Do you claim the single person discount?

Do you claim any other Benefits?

Do you know how much the Liability Orders are for?

Do you know how much is outstanding on each one?

Do you know what periods of time these cover?

Have you asked for a breakdown of charges from the Bailiffs?

Is the attending Bailiff Certificated?

What paperwork have you been left?

Lots of questions I know but the answers help target the responses needed. I've also asked this be moved to the Bailiffs forum.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, thank you for your reply

I think I have 2 orders

I claim single person discount

I claim working & child tax credits

They cover the last 3 years

I dont know how much is owing at all, or the bailiff charges. I have had my head in the sand with it all. Amazing how even a letter through the door strikes the fear of god into me!

I have only been left with a note saying that he will return to remove goods, the standard (we will not take an offer of payment and we will return in 24hrs) and no break down of costs or how much is owed.

I tried to phone the council today and no-one has returned my call. I was just going to say to them to take me to court as I would rather go to prison than be scared to death everytime someone knocks on the door!

I dont know if the bailiff is certificated, just his name.

I am a single mum with 4 kids and yes i'm in debt up to my eye balls and now back on anti-depressants to try and cope.

Thank you

Speak to a human at the council and say the above and it mught trump up the goods.

However the amounts dont sit right. Ask the council how much you owe as shown on the Liability order, I lay money the bailiff has made a false representation as to how much you genuinely owe. If he has, then he commits an offence under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2 and you can start the councils official complaints procedure.

Are you on precribed anti-depressants? and you are on a low income and in receuipt of prescribed benefits. You may be classed a vulnerable person for the purposes of civil enforcement. http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm#part10 If you need help from a professional body in dealing with bailiffs then Z2K might be able to help. http://www.z2k.org/supporting-vulnerable-households

In any event, I think you should speak to the Local Government Ombudsman anyway, because the council is charging you full council tax for a period you were in receipt of prescribed benefits.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

I've noted the answers you made to what I asked. Tomorrow morning you need to ring the Council and ask:

1 - how many Liability Orders there are against you

2 - how much each one is for

3 - how much is still outstanding on each one

4 - what period of time each one covers

5 - when each one was passed to the Bailiff

Simply asking the Council to takeover will result in them telling you to deal with the Bailiff - however as Fork-It has said you may be classed as "vulnerable" and you need to collate the information for this. Nothing happens overnight so be prepared to do lots of letter writing. You should also contact your local Councillor ASAP and ask for help - they have direct access to the Council departments that may be able to help.

Has the Bailiff been in your home or otherwise seized/levied any of your goods? If so can you list the items mentioned. If not keep your doors and windows locked and deny him access. In the meantime you can use and adapt the following for your own purposes, send it be email & post a copy to them Signed For:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm really panicing now. The council have still not taken my call or called me back, apparently noone is available to take my call.

I have to phone the bailiff at 3pm on thursday to tell him whether or not I have a £1000 (in my dreams I do) My children will be home on friday and I'm so worried about the effect on them!

I am at the doctors next monday and will be requesting to go back on anti depressants as the panic attacks are getting more frequent.

I will send a letter asking for a breakdown and from what I can remember it is approx £1700 on one and £1000 on the other (could be more) with no money ever paid.

It did get recalled to the council once when they refused to backdate anything. How do I get proof that the car is not mine, I do not use the drive or garage as that was the agreement to me living in the house from my ex husband as he pays the mortgage.

I phoned citezens advice today and all they told me was I am not earning enough so I should go on income support like that will solve everything.

The last bailiff that came was very threatening and at the time I was 5 months pregnant and ended up in a real mess. I cant believe how scared I am, I leapt out of my skin when my sons friend knocked on the door(how pathetic)

Thank you for all your replies

I'm really panicing now. The council have still not taken my call or called me back, apparently noone is available to take my call. - you will need to ring them again to get answers to the questions I posed, don't wait for them to ring you, if still no resolution call in person.

I have to phone the bailiff at 3pm - regardless of anything do not ring him, there is no Law that says you have to speak or deal with a Bailiff - on thursday to tell him whether or not I have a £1000 (in my dreams I do) My children will be home on friday and I'm so worried about the effect on them!

I am at the doctors next monday and will be requesting to go back on anti depressants as the panic attacks are getting more frequent.

I will send a letter asking for a breakdown and from what I can remember it is approx £1700 on one and £1000 on the other (could be more) with no money ever paid. - is there a reason no payments have been made?

It did get recalled to the council once when they refused to backdate anything. How do I get proof that the car is not mine, - you don't have to, if there is no vehicle in your name it cannot be seized, he would look rather stupid taking someone elses car I do not use the drive or garage as that was the agreement to me living in the house from my ex husband as he pays the mortgage.

I phoned citezens advice today and all they told me was I am not earning enough so I should go on income support like that will solve everything. - does your Council have a Welfare Rights Adviser or similar who can advise what you may be entitled to

The last bailiff that came was very threatening and at the time I was 5 months pregnant and ended up in a real mess. I cant believe how scared I am, I leapt out of my skin when my sons friend knocked on the door(how pathetic) - you must contact your local Councillor ASAP

Thank you for all your replies

I assume the Bailiff has never been in your home. If so then he has no powers at all. He will try to bully/cajole/intimidate you. He cannot have you arrested, break into your home, put your children into care. If he comes he does not need to ring his Aunt Gladys, water for his pills, check the runners in the 3.30pm. He is all hot air & bull sh1t.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I assume the Bailiff has never been in your home. If so then he has no powers at all. He will try to bully/cajole/intimidate you. He cannot have you arrested, break into your home, put your children into care. If he comes he does not need to ring his Aunt Gladys, water for his pills, check the runners in the 3.30pm. He is all hot air & bull sh1t.no he has never been in my home.

PT

The bailiff turned up with a low loader last time and the council pulled it back from them just in time!(this was when they were going to look at back dating before telling me on the phone that they will not) The bailiff only turned up in august after being returned to the council in feb and they sent it back to them in approx march and then out of the blue turned up last week

The car is marked as off the road, I dont even have a provisional license but he has said it does not matter he will take it then it is up to the owner to claim it. It has no road tax so if this happens I will then have to pay for it to be returned! Is it true he can go into the garage? There is nothing of mine in there! I only have access to the house

My ex husband is now threatening to kick me out because of this and to be honest I cant blame him!

The car is marked as off the road, I dont even have a provisional license but he has said it does not matter he will take it then it is up to the owner to claim it. - he will not do this despite anything he says to the contrary. It has no road tax so if this happens I will then have to pay for it to be returned! Is it true he can go into the garage? only if it is unlocked There is nothing of mine in there! I only have access to the house

My ex husband is now threatening to kick me out because of this and to be honest I cant blame him! - I doubt he can do this unless he has a Court Order

If he is threatening to take this vehicle I assume he has therefore levied on it, did he leave you a Notice of Seizure about it? If so there is some more letter writing to be done if the vehicle is not yours.

To the Bailiff you write andd ask that all levy charges and associated costs be removed as the vehicle is not yours, a DVLA check should be carried prior to it being lifted anyway which will confirm you telling the truth.

You send a copy to the Council and at the end say you are aggrieved by the Levy and are therefore filing a Regulation 46 Complaint at the Magistrates Court naming the Council as Defendant.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

do you remember if you were given forms to fill out when you informed them that you were a student or for the single persons discount

If he is threatening to take this vehicle I assume he has therefore levied on it, did he leave you a Notice of Seizure about it? If so there is some more letter writing to be done if the vehicle is not yours.I dont know, all i had through the door was about he had called and no further arrangements acceptable and the reg number written on the letter and circled. I asked him at the time what I needed to do to show proof it isnt mine but he didnt care.

The garage door lock does not work and contains £1000's in equipment (my ex is a heating engineer)

The house is in my husbands name and not joint and no tennacy or written agreement.

Is it reasonable practice to expect someone to pay £1000 in 7 days? Or does that not matter?

Thanks