JD Williams Default Removal – Where to start or is too late?

babytunes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a default registered on my credit file for J D Williams from about 2008. I think the account would have opened in 2007…

I owe them about £200.00 but a fair amount of that was charges, I think the original debt was about £140.00, or even less, I honestly can’t remember now.

I was in a bit of a mess at the time of this debt and although I kept them in the loop, it was all done over the telephone and when they did default me I had no proof that I had been in contact and what they had agreed to (I have learnt a lot since then!).

But I definitely did not receive an official default notice and I also never signed a credit agreement at the time when I opened the account.

I am in a much better position now and would really like to begin sorting my credit file out. Because of this default, my credit rating is shot.

I am a bit confused though, because I read that the old way of trying to get defaults removed no longer applies and there has been a ruling that makes it impossible now? Or have I got it wrong?

I wouldn’t even mind paying them off if I could get the default removed. But its got such a long time to go before 6 years are up, I would just love to get it off.

Could someone advise me which letter I need to send, I am getting confused between the old ones and the new ones (I have tried to search, honestly!). And also the charges on the account, could I get rid of some of these as well, or if I am disputing the validity of the whole account, should I leave this alone?

Which is my best approach, the lack of default notice or the lack of signed agreement? Help please, I don’t want to make a fool of myself!

Thank you!

Firstly you need to start with the basics, i.e. send them a request for the agreement (CCA request) template in library.

Don't sign the letter, send £1.postal order. Send by recorded delivery then you can check on the Royal Mail site that they have received it and print out the information. They have 12 + 2 days to comply, if they fail to do so, this puts the account into dispute and you can if you wish stop paying. Also send them an SAR request which should give you all the details from your account, template in same place and same drill but with £10 postal order. They have 40 calendar days to comply and you may well be able to see all the charges. Good luck.