style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

When I was leaving rented property(on last day), landlord and myself prepared the list of damages/repairs and I agreed to those damages.

Now landlord has sent a big list of damages and repairs list which was never discussed that time of leaving.

My query is, can landlord charge/deduct amount outside agreed list? the cost of all the damages/repairs shown by landlord are going beyond my deposit amount. and am I liable to pay for the all damages/repairs landlord has provided against my deposit? and what if I dont pay those costs to landlord.

thank you.

save my deposit

Is your deposit one which should be protected? If so what TDS scheme is your deposit protected in?

If in a scheme - Your LL will need to raise a claim via the TDS scheme arbitration, which you can then defend against.

If not in a scheme but should be - You will need to tell your LL to protect the deposit and/or sue him in county court for not protecting the deposit.

If not required to be in a scheme - You will have to take your LL to county court to claim the deposit back and/or your LL can take you to county court to claim anything you owe beyond the deposit.

Planner, thank you for response.

fortunately my deposit is with DPS and we are in single claim dispute now.

my landlord has sent big list of damages to ADR (DPS) and DPS has asked me to response against landlords claim.

so am I liable to pay for those expenses which were never discussed or agreed at the time of vacating the property??

thank you.

Planner, thank you for response.

fortunately my deposit is with DPS and we are in single claim dispute now.

my landlord has sent big list of damages to ADR (DPS) and DPS has asked me to response against landlords claim.

so am I liable to pay for those expenses which were never discussed or agreed at the time of vacating the property??

thank you.

Can anyone help me with the query?? It would be really great help if anyone has any comments on the query....

In a word Yes. Your LL can claim for anything he wants as long has he can justify and prove it.

Is your argument you arent liable for the expenses because you didnt do the damage? OR you are not liable for the expenses beacuse the damages where missed on check out?

If its the former then you will be able to defend against the claim and should do so, if its the later than you will likley owe the money if the LL can provide suffcient proof.

Is your argument you arent liable for the expenses because you didnt do the damage? OR you are not liable for the expenses beacuse the damages where missed on check out?

first I didnt do the damages which were later supplied to DPS by the landlord and the landlord is claiming the amount which is more than my deposit.

Unfortunately mistake from myside, I did not take any photographs before leaving the property. And I think this is enough for landlord to rip me off(due to lack of evidence to prove otherwise).

first I didnt do the damages which were later supplied to DPS by the landlord and the landlord is claiming the amount which is more than my deposit.

Unfortunately mistake from myside, I did not take any photographs before leaving the property. And I think this is enough for landlord to rip me off(due to lack of evidence to prove otherwise).

So there are damages? Have you seen photographic evidence? If there is and you have then who did the damage and why?!

So there are damages? Have you seen photographic evidence? If there is and you have then who did the damage and why?!

No, I am not saying that there are damages. please dont get me wrong here....

I have not seen any photos of damages. cause those evidences are not yet sent to me, I have requested evidences/photos to landlord and DPS.

I think landlord is either faking the cost or he is changing/refurbishing the furniture and putting the cost onto me saying that I have damaged them....