Collect Services Ltd Parking Fine £368!! Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter today from Collect Services saying:

Unpaid Penalty Charge Amount Due £368.04

The enforcement of road traffic debts (certified Baliffs) regulations 1993

Dear Sir/Madam

We act for Reading Borough Council CEO in respect of the following Penalty Charge Notice.

Vehicle Reg

Description and location on contravention

AS the sum due has not been paid a warrent of execution has been issued adn we are now empowered to enforce collection. If you have any dispute about this debt it must be put in writing and where relevant supported by documentary evidence. Our call centre cannot resolve any disputes over the telephone.

I sold this car back in August 2009 and the parking ticket is dated February 2010. I have emailed them but have had no response.

Does anyone know where I stand with this?

I'm really worried because I live in shared house and hardly anything belongs to me here and more to the point it's not my debt?

Thanks

Mich

Unpaid Penalty Charge Amount Due £368.04

The enforcement of road traffic debts (certified Baliffs) regulations 1993

That figure of £368.04 doesnt sit right.

The legislation you have quoted in your post only provides a bailiffs fee of £28 to be added to the parking fine amount plus a £5 court administration fee.

Telephone the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 0845 7045007 quoting the PCN number and they will tell you what you genuinely owe. Bailiff often exaggerate their fees by hundreds of pounds.

I sold this car back in August 2009 and the parking ticket is dated February 2010. I have emailed them but have had no response.

Thats the bailiffs problem, not yours.

Does anyone know where I stand with this?

You owe £40 parking fine plus whatever the court says you owe. typicaly its £95. Phone the numnber above.

I'm really worried because I live in shared house and hardly anything belongs to me here and more to the point it's not my debt?

A bailiff cannot levy on anyone elses foods, this is called irregular levy. Ambrose vs. Nottingham City Council. I wouldnt worry about it so long as your property is secure. Bailiffs cannot commit breaking & entering to obtain money.

Pay the council direct, there are no bailiffs fees to pay and remember to get a receipt.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

With respect to fork it you owe nothing if the car was not in your ownership at the time of the offence so you pay nothing to anyone.

Contact the DVLA and ask them to tell you the date they received notice of the change of ownership and start your complaint from there.

WD

why should you pay its not your debt

Sorry, thats well spotted, I read the OP too quickly and missed one very crucial fact

I sold this car back in August 2009 and the parking ticketlink3.gif is dated February 2010

gstanny is right, you dont owe anything and the liability can be disregarded. However, did you transfer ownership with DVLA? you could sill be the recorded keeper. I'll lay money that you are not because you would have received the Notice to Owner.

You have contacted the the bailiffs but they choose to ignore your email. Write to the council with a letter marked 'FOR INFORMATION ONLY' and if you get any trouble, them ask the Local Government Ombudsman to intervene and make an application for compensation under the civil remedy of Section 2 of the Protection from harassment Act 1997.

Professional property investor and conveyancer