Subject Access Request Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can read the rules regarding Subject Access Requests.. i.e. what information the creditor is legally obliged to send me..

I have sent a SAR to a creditor along with the £10 fee recently and they wont fully comply with my request, they are asking me to apply for CCA by sending £1

they wont send copies of letters, PPI details, LOA or DN as they say they allready sent me those at the time..

What can I do?

thanks...Johnny

Hi Johnny

They should send you everything they have under a SAR Request.

If you want details of your CCA and dependent on what they send, you might be able to put the account in dispute, You would have to send a CCA Request with £1.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/Search.aspx?collection=ico&keywords=subject+access+request

A SAR is just that, a request for all information they hold on you as a data subject...and they are obliged to send you everything they hold on you as that data subject......if they fail to send you the information within 40 calendar days then you need to send them a LETTER BEFORE ACTION, with a copy of the original SAR you made to them, and a copy of the recorded delivery slip. Give them a further 14 days to comply with your request. If they fail to deliver the other information then you either report them to the ICO (which could take a while) or you could possibly take them to court yourself for non compliance - take a look here - http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/taking_a_case_to_court.pdf

Thaks 42man.. I rang ICO and was advised that any letters that they have sent me in the past DN and CCA etc are their data not mine and so they are not obliged to send them.. he advised sending a CCA request..

Johnny

not quite correct imo. any 'personally identifiable' 'data' in a 'relevant filing system' is subject to a sar. imo

Edited by Ford
typo

I agree Ford, but thats what they told me.. I might ring them again tomorrow as I forgot to mention that they sent me 15 pages of someone elses documents and one page was an agreement..

Johnny

big cause for complaint there!:-)