Robinson way just wont give up please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut a long story short i have a stat barred debt with cahoot - this has since been passed on to robinson way - when i asked for a copy of the agreement they forwarded an agreement for someone else which i chased up as they breached data protection. Then when they did foward a so called agreement to me its for a bank account???? and i have checked this with cahoot. The agreement received is for a bank account?????and does not look like my signature any way

they letters keep going and every time i reply with stat barred letters they just dont go away.

today i have receivd this

We are authorised by our client to recover the full amount due quotd above this is a formal notic of intended court action we will take action unlss you pay to us the full amount you owe within 10 days of the date of this letter.

If court action is takn and a court considers your failure to pay to be due to your refusal or neglect to pay an order for repayment may be mad. If you fail to pay in accordance with a court payment order the following may occur

a process of enfocement by court officers

an order for deductions from your earning

an unpaid court order may make future credit difficult to obtain

BLA BLA BLA

I s this just hot air could someone please advise me what letter I should send back to them as nothing seems to be working

Please help

You say that this is stat barred. When did you last make a payment or acknowledge the debt in writing. If you haven't done either of these things in the past six years, then you should send the statuted barred latter from the site's library. If a debt is stat barred then that is an absolute defence in court and Rob Way should back off unless they have proof that the debt isn't.

Hi Janice,

I think it's all 'hot air', if they do take court action, it's a waste of time as your defence is that it's 'Statued Barred'.

I'd send one more letter, but on it write 'CC: Trading Standards, xxxx, xxxx, xxxxx.

xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxxx = the address of your local trading standards.

Report them to Trading Standards and the OFT, they cannot assume they will automatically get a judgement against you and they can only send bailiffs round or get an attachment of earnings if you don't pay the CCJ.

Do not send them another letter then they cannot reset their threatomatic machine... that confuses the poor people.

You can also try sending them a letter as follows

Dear Robinson Way

YOU MUST

Ask a legallly qualified person the meaning of statute barring and what it means in terms of enforcement

Stop sending letters as I will not reply further

Not ask me to telephone you as I do not give information out over the phone on legal matters

I WILL

Inform the OFT, Trading Standards and the Ministry of Justice of your harrassment of me over this matter

Let my local MP know of this harrassment

Cease to send you further letters and communicate in any way other than in a courtroom via the N1 process

Yours in disgust

Harrassed person

I wonder if Hayley Felton is still dealing with their complaints, I've not forgotten telling her I get more sense out of my puppets, nor congratulating a staff member who went from Doorstep Collections Supervisor to Litigation Manager via another couple of titles in a six week period!

Received another letter today here goes its in response to my letter sent to them above??what do you think?? is it just to scare me??we refer to the above account and the recent issues you raisedas previously advised that the documentation provided is sufficient to demonstrate liability and we will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding thiswe have placed this account on hold for 2 weeks whilst we await your offer of payment if we do not receive a response we shall continue with our colleciton process.we do not accept that we have breached any of our regulatory requirementsIf you require any further assistance plese do not hesitate to contact usYourswhat shall i do please helpx

Cannot restart clock once SBed. Only before it is SBed.

They will not send me a copy of any payment history and when I contacted Cahoot they informed me that the agreement number I quoted was for a bank account??

The first agreement the forwarded to me was for someone else they had breached data protection there for a start and I did manage to contact the person in question and forward the information to him hopefully this helped him out and he took em to the cleaners I knew more about his accounts and stuff than he did I even had the last three digits off the back of the poor blokes card

Great company eh

The agreement that they forwarded me was for a Loan????? I only picked up on that when A dc sent me the agreement for the bank account?? which is also s barred?

just starting to doubt myself now as you do but I will ignore them and hopefully they will BOG OFF

Thanks everyone

for piece of mind you could send a sar to the OC for all agreements and statements etc, see what they come back with in the meantime file robingscums ways letters until Toilet, or write back and thank them for informing you that they will not be sending anymore letters and that you look forward to a face to face in court

Hi there

ATTACK is the best form of defence.

Say to these Muppets :

Dear xxxx

It's fairly obvious that your firm is in SERIOUS need of basic legal services which even a Law student in week ONE of his course could supply.

I would be DELIGHTED to see you in Court and cannot wait for the process to begin

As I have an ABSOLUTE defence in Law not only would your case be thrown out but you would also have to pay SUBSTANTIAL costs including expenses of getting to Court, Loss of a Days Earnings and other expenses too.

I am awaiting your reply to say that either you are going ahead with a Court case - which of course you will lose or that this matter is now ended, the files are closed and no further communication on this matter will be sent.

Yours etc etc.

Cheers

jimbo

It is better to stick to the facts when writing, amusing though it is to highlight their shortcomings to these companies. Remember, they may just be foolish enough to bring an action, and a letter such as the one above will work against you.

I'd try something like:

I refer to previous correspondence in this matter.

For the avoidance of any doubt, my position is that the debt is statute barred, and I will not be making any payment.

This is a complete defence to any legal action you may bring, and you are also reminded that the Office of Fair Trading considers the pursuit of statute barred debt in these circumstances to be an unfair practice.

Take notice that I will not enter into further correspondence in this matter.

Yours etc.

Hi there

Normally I would agree with you -- anything legal has to be clarified in strictly Neutral tones and in a proper format that would not annoy a Judge or Court or even imply Contempt of Court.

However in this case a Statute Barred Debt is 100% safe against any further action so I don't really see what the DCA could do in this case -- what possible Court Action could they take against my letter above.

Cheers

jimbo

I'm not suggesting that they would take action over the letter. However, it is not unknown for DCAs to issue claims against SB debts or in other circumstances which lead one to question their sanity. So, just on the off chance that it ends up in court, or in case a complaint is made to the OFT etc., I'd always err on the side of caution.

That said, most of my letters to DCAs (and especially faux solicitors) contain the line: 'if you do not understand this letter, you should seek professional advice'....

Ditto SP ditto, always let them know that they have the right to seek professional advice, this winds them up more than slagging them off, because at the end of the day, an idiot would not recognise that they were having the proverbial taken out of them