Enforcing payment of a Tribunal Award in Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, hoping someone can help!!

So...42 days ago (come 27th Oct) I was awarded £33,518.75 for unfair dismissal from a company called GE Caledonian Ltd. (General Electric) in Scotland. I have heard nothing within this time from anyone regarding the award or what will happen next (payment, etc.), just a copy of the tribunals judgement. As this company is part of GE, they themselves are a big company and GE is obviously the biggest company in the world so they cannot disappear and have plenty of money to pay.

I am basically wondering what my next move should be come wednesday (27th). I have read "The Judgement" but it is pretty confusing in regards with what to do when in Scotland. I have a copy of my judgement which clearly sets out my payment. My lawyer let me down a week before the tribunal and I had to represent myself against two of GE's corporate lawyers, so the thought of having to go through more law shenanigans to get this award is quite depressing. If anyone has any advice or questions, I'm all ears!!

Thanks,

TJ

Scotland is not effectively very much different from England in this respect. Contact the tribunal office in the first instance (they may have appealed) and if there is no reason why the payment has not been made, you will have to start going through the civil courts to enforce it. In the first instance a letter waning them you intend to take legal action if they do not pay within 28 days, followed by a civil claim if they don't.