hawkyboy

First Credit Management- Our representative letter...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3572 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all

Hope everyone is in good health!

I received a postcard style letter through the post over the weekend stating that "A representative" from FCM would be calling between 9.00am and 8.30 pm this week regarding a "confidential matter"....

Can anyone help withthis one please? I think it's regarding an old old debt. I have direct debits set up for everything I believe I should be paying however there may be a couple of things that slipped the net. Is this a template/scare tactics? or will someone actually call? could yoyu advise best way forward with this please. Also I had a debt with the Hlaifax which I have been paying off at £15 per month as agreed a couple of years ago however I had a letter saying I had been traced to my new address regarding this debt...I have a dd which has gone out for the last two years. The original loan was for £1900 ...they reckon I still owe £1700! all help appreciated thankyou.

Ignore it, usually it means they will TELEPHONE you, imagine if they send out a thousand of these cards a week (and it is usually thousands a day which go out) they wouldn't have enough 'field representatives' to go round and make personal visits.

Stop worrying about it and get on with dealing with the rest of your problems.

Awww thanks! very reassuring to hear on this occassion I'm nothing special lol. Thanks again.

You know what, I have been thinking about these cards and they state we will be calling you between such and such a time on between such and such a date

Now how about if no contact is made, you then send a bill for time of work while you wait in all week for them to call, wonder what they would do then

Edited by PGH7447

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Often 'calling' just means telephoning.

If they do appear just tell them to depart or you will call the police; this happened to me last week.

They have no legal powers and prey on fear; once you stop being afraid of visits their letters become less upsetting and more of a joke.

best wishes

vic