Go Debt. Should i make contact?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. First post here :typing:

Wondering if you can help. After many years of ignoring any letters from Go Debt, they went quiet for a few years but now out of the blue i received a annual statement from them :|. All Go Debt letters i have ever received have always been sent to an old address and my dad used to just send it back as "not at this address"

I'm sure its became statute barred around August this year but i'm not 100% sure.

As it's only an annual statement and not a threat letter should i wait or make contact?

The only thing i worry about is a statutory demand sent to my dads house. :argue:

Guest Cartaphilus

Good evening.

But, the other thing here is the debt is in your name, not your dads.

But, if you are sure it's now statute barred etc.

As it's only an annual statement and not a threat letter should i wait or make contact?

I think you may have answered your own question. If you are sure it's statute barred, that is.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Hi Cartaphilus

I would say i'm 90% sure it's statute barred although i don't have bank statements going back 6 years for me to be 100%

The agreement on the annual statement says it was executed end of Sept 2003 and i'm sure that i only had the car for around 12 months before taking it back to YCC

So you think i should hit them with a statute barred letter or with not being 100% sure would a prove it letter be better as my first contact?

The reason i wish to make contact of any kind is to give them my current address as my dad is going on holiday for 4 weeks and won't be able to check any post for me should they try get a ccj by default :sad:

+

so its godebt up to there old tricks again with ycc accounts

just send the sb template by recorded delivery

any developments then update your thread

by the way

yes car agreements are 100 % unenforceable

Hi postggj 8)

Lucky i have been reading all the advice by you and Debt4Get over the past week since i received my very own GoDebt letter. I realise ycc agreements are a bit dodgy but was scared to rock the boat by making contact.

I will do as you and Cartaphilus say and send the statute barred letter tomorrow

I have other debts that i wish to sort out for my mum and aunt which are more complex but will make new threads for that.

Cheers :-)