Help with Landlord

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me.

Moved into property about two months ago managed by agent, as soon as we moved in Landlord decided to manage property themselves.

To cut a long story short property was not initially advertised as being supplyed by LPG and no info on supplier, however after discussing with neighbours we found supplier who demanded an up front payment of £500.00 to fill existing tanks in garden so we decided to look locally for supplier for LPG, we found one who came out to see us and informed us tanks were illegally sited in line with current legislation and that we needed a new adaptor fitted which would enable us to have LPG by new supplier that we have sourced this would be more beneficial to us and more convenient.This will cost £200.00

We have contacted Landlord who are stating that although they are aware tanks are now illegal in line with current legislation we can use the company who fitted tanks the company who want an up front payment of ££500.00.

I feel that everyone has a right to source their own supplier and that Landlord should be responsible for having adaptor fitted ie costs

I have contacted agent who has stated he was not informed or told that tenants HAD to use a supplier designated by landlord

Please can someone advise:|

I think this will ultimatley depend on whether or not it is a legal requirement for your LL to fit the new adaptor or just the recomendation (non-enforceable) of the other contractor you have decided to use ie in the same way that many properties are not upto the most currect building reg standards, however are not 'illegal'.

If it is a leagal requirement then the adaptor should be fitted, if not, then I dont see how you can enforce the issue.

Why not suggest to your LL you go 50/50?