style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought boots for my doughter on the web shop Treemeadow on August 29. I paid with Visa and got an order confirmation. All looked good. Except that no goods were sent.

After two polite reminders - no answers, and several phone calls - still no answers, I'm going to report the company owner John Hodge to the police and to my bank. I couldn't find one other complaints about Treemeadow on the net, so I hope that I'm the only fool.

Anyone out there who has similar experiences of the company?

It wasn't much money - £ 61 - but I warn others to repeat my mistake. DON'T buy from Treemeadow, no matter how low the price tag is, it's going to be a loss.

Eriq

• 2 months later...

No progressa at all. I've claimed a repay from the bank on my Visa. The pices were too good to be true. Should have noticed that alarmbell, but I couldn't find any [problem] reports on the company.

He finaly sent mine after kept ringing his house number because he wouldnt reply to emails or the company phone, And also after he had a vist from the police :) I have his house number if this helps J & S Hodge

Tel: (01736) 850243

Westwood Ho , Townshend, Hayle, TR27 6AQ

Ive also just tryed to go back on the site "treemeadow.co.uk" but i cant get on it any more not sure if its been shut down or not.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same troubles with this John from Tree Meadow.. I ordered 2 snowbee products ( Wadingboots and wading stick) total amount GBP 143,- , and after 3 weeks and many unanswered phonecalls and emails , i started a cash back via credit card company!

I also informed Snowbee UK about this shop , and they said he was doing business as usual ??? ( If this kind of doing business seems to be usual to them, it will be my last ever SNOWBEE product i would like to buy, because to me this Guy is a VERY VERY BAD Business man!!)

So please be very very carefull with this shop !!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I can not believe it! I'm another victim of Tree Meadow!

I ordered a Marco Polo Fly Tying System, total amount GBP 315 on 30th January, and after wait for about 10 days I've been calling Treemeadow, even to the other phone posted by qwerty12170 and I have had no response, I have left messages ... every single one without a callback and I also wrotte to "NOCHEX" and They said that They left him a message (Because he never answered...) and since then, They put me "on hold "and never answered my complaints again ...

Does anyone know if this place exists? I mean if the Fishery is real?

I'm not from UK, I am living in England since a year, and I never had this problem before buying throught internet here in UK, so I do not know how to proceed. Where and how should I report John Hodge? Please if somebody help me, I will apreciate it very much!

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Warning Tree Meadow

Oh dear I think I am in the same boat as the previous guys and I am posting this to raise awareness of Tree Meadow.

I placed an order with Tree Meadow on the 3 March 2011. For a rod and reel. So far I have recieved nothing. I did recieve two emails from John Hodge saying there was a delay from the rod supplier/dealer. But those deadlines have been and gone, there was no mention of issues regarding reel supply. I have contacted what I believe to be the supplier/dealer of the rods and Tree Meadow is on there books but there has been no order placed byTree Meadow?. This is making me very worried. During this time I have made numerous phone calls to an answer machine, which non have been returned. My several emails over the past several days asking what is happening have not been replied to.

I have contacted my bank and apparently if no goods have arrived after 30 days I can seek to get a refund through the bank.

Maybe the items will arrive in the next few days but I hold lttle hope.

I am at present £355 out of pocket.

My advice is do not be tempted by Tree Meadows prices and avoid this company.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I live in France and i ordered on January, waders and boots, amount GPB 160.

After many unanswered emails and phone calls, i decided to phone directly to John Hodge's house, as "qwerty 12170" did. His wife answered me and i toldthe people ot this forum her the problem of delivery and the possibility to call the police.

After that, i received an email indicating my order has been changed to dispatched and a few days later a DHL's tracking number.

Today i have received my waders and boots.

What a relief !!!

Sorry for my poor english but i want to tell my experience to

• 4 weeks later...
Glad you got your order 'mijom' It is good to get feedback so others know how to proceed.

I cant understand how companies like this stay in business !!

Sorry for not replying sooner I have been away.

Thanks `Mijom' for a reply.

My issue was finally resolved.

I still had not recieved the goods after 30 days and so contacted my bank who agreed to pursue the matter and claim my monies back.

I emailed Treemeadow and phoned them to let them know I was doing this.

Treemeadow replied surprisingly quickly to say I could obtain a refund if I wished but the rod (still no mention of seperate reel order) would arrive in the next few days. This I declined and requested a refund which did arrive prompt.

To conclude I bought a reel over the counter and ordered the rod through another internet company who promptly obliged with the rod within a few days as stated. I explained my issue to this company regarding delays with the previous rod order to be greeted by surprise as they said that supplies of the rod were easy and staraight forward as they demonstrated.

• 1 year later...

Just a note to say that i too have been had over by this guy - dont buy theres plenty of other shops selling the same stuff, go local then you dont need to go to cornwall to explain it to them.. Gutted having to do visa debit dispute its a total joke - do not buy from tree meadow trout fishery they are con artists

they dont reply to phone or email but are happy to take your money

have i also reported them to the police

if it was ebay theyd be red starred big time - time waster

my order was for less than 50 quid, seems like he has no problems ripping people off who paid 300 notes or more so what more can i say? do you like buying things and not receiving them? if so then go nuts and place a massive order. alternatively, read others opinions on this very helpful page and DONT TAKE THE RISK!! buy elsewhere - localally ideally so disputes can be settled in person because i guarantee he would not dare take 300 pounds off someone face to face.. what a nightmare of a online purchase , wish id not bothered..

surprise surprise, called left a message then foned them repeatedly for about an hour with an autodialler and do you know they gave me a full refund. Think this guys getting a bit old and doddering and clearly cant cope with the amount of orders or fangled things like emails etc... if i were you id still buy elsewhere and avoid the bull

regards - lopdawwwg winchester the 3rd

Edited by lopdawg
they refunded when i called about 100 + times no lie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just saw the thread and joined the site so I could put in a balance. I have been using treemeadow for all my shooting and gundog supplies

I have found John to be helpful in all aspects. If you have to wait to get an item which is out of stock that's life I would rather wait than pay alot more for the same thing at other stores! If you are reading this thread and are unsure about using treemeadow after reading a few complaints above dont worry I do and will continue to use them i cannot recommend them strongly enough!!!! And I am more than surprised to see some of the comments above DO NOT BE PUT OFF.

• 2 years later...

Same here,

John's an excellent fishery keeper, it's unfortunate that his online shop got overwhelmed and people didn't get goods, but going to an online consumer forum to call him a Con Man and other names is a little extreme when all you needed to do was to go to Visa or similar for a refund.

I've used him for all fishing tackle equipment etc and he's never more than a phone call away if you need to deal with him. Either way I don't think he sells anymore which is a shame but for the best if it all got a bit too much.

Emmetts... Dreckly is a valid term down here. But at least we know why the sea is at a different level each year... (seriously!)

cant believe you joined a consumer forum just to comment on a thread that is now the best part of 6 years old and about a company that probably doesnt exist any more.

BTW it shouldnt be necessary to go to Visa to sort these problems out, I never had a single attempt to get a recharge in the 9 years I ran a small business with an online presence and the reason for that was I got my orders out in good time and any problems were dealt with immediately, whether I was in the wrong or not.