LV insurance cancel cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If this is the wrong section I’m sure I will be advised ,

My issue is with LV insurance , and their intention to cancel an insurance policy I have with them ,

Since Feb 2009 I have had a van insured with them , I fully disclosed all material information to them and was given cover , The insurance was renewed April 2009 ( the van is on a group policy with my 2 cars so a single renewal date applies ) The insurance was again renewed April 2010 , each time the policy document clearly showed the insured vehicle to be a VAN ,

Last week the head gasket failed on the van , so the company I work for as a sub contractor have loaned me a van FOC on condition I insure it , this was done Tuesday 19th Oct LV transferring the insurance from my own van to the loan van and I then received a policy document showing the new VAN details and importantly that I was not the registered keeper , due to some rearrangement , the company wanted me to change to another van , so I called LV insurance Sunday 24th and was staggered to be informed

1/ they do not , and never have done commercial vehicle insurance.

2/ they will cancel the existing policy , and not provide cover for the loan van

After some heated discussion where I have registered my intention to make a formal complaint , I was given 7 days grace to rearrange insurance , but they a still adamant that they do not give commercial vehicle cover , even though for 2 years they have given cover to my own van and have accepted payment to cover the current van for the remainder of the insurance period

On the basis of the above would the insurance Ombudsman consider I have grounds for a complaint against LV

The policy cover was always for both business and private use, and this was clear on policy document and certificate of insurance,

Since my first post LV have relented and allowed cover to continue until renewal , then the cover will be "reviewed "

They still can not explain how insurance cover was given for my vans over the past few years , when they say they do not give insurance cover for commercial vehicles