style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scarey letters today from Cabrot

Pay up/contact urgently or we will escalate to the next phase of collection

Probably havn't received or read my letter pointing out the error of their ways

told me the same.. what is escalate to the next phase?.. is this where they send a letter once a week instead of a month? does it mean they are going to get really annoyed? i am almost, but not quite shaking in my boots.

scary!!!:confused::confused:

I expect that they will start the phoning soon, despite having stated on my letters "All Correspondence to be in writing" Then I shall use the Tele Harassment letter

See how annoyed they get to refusing to answer security questions, but some of the wind up rely postings here are tempting

Dont let cabot get you down they have been my pen friends for nearly 3 years now. They failed to provide a cca and now the account is statute barred but they still write to me, i would miss it if they stopped:D

Cabot have been my friends for 2 years(EDIT) Sent packing statute barred.

past due credit have been friends for 1 week(EDIT) Sent back to arrow, now statute barred.

i must admit i am always extremely polite if they do ring...helloo...is that mr debt4get??..who calling....its mr threat monkey from cabot....one moment please...put phone on table...go for a long bath, cup of tea/coffee..take dog for a walk.. in effect..ignore the cretins..once it starts to cost them money they soon get the message

wow i am now in the 'pre litigation department

and i quote from crapbots latest missive which arrived this morning

if we dont hear from you one of the following options will occur

a warrant of execution. this instructs bailiffs to remove items from your home and sell them to repay your debt.

a charging order. a charge will be placed on your property which means if you sell your property the charge will have to be repaid from the proceeds.

an attachment of earninings. this is a method by which money will be deducted from your wages

an order to obtain information. you will have to attend court to be questioned under oath

an external debt collection agency or legal agency. calling on you

i am plumping for the last one seeing how crapbot are going to need a ccj and default on a ccj before we go anywhere near the others... i keep telling them put the bloody thing before a court... but still they continue to write this crap, isnt there something in the cca about missleading debtors as to what will happen if they dont pay them?

Cabot just like Cattles are staring at a huge black hole of losses.

They are just trawling there database attempting to plug the hole with previosly failed to recover debt, using much scarier letters and playing hardball, but the story is still the same.

send them packing and watch them disappear in 2010

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

wow i am now in the 'pre litigation department

and i quote from crapbots latest missive which arrived this morning

if we dont hear from you one of the following options will occur

a warrant of execution. this instructs bailiffs to remove items from your home and sell them to repay your debt.

a charging order. a charge will be placed on your property which means if you sell your property the charge will have to be repaid from the proceeds.

an attachment of earninings. this is a method by which money will be deducted from your wages

an order to obtain information. you will have to attend court to be questioned under oath

an external debt collection agency or legal agency. calling on you

i am plumping for the last one seeing how crapbot are going to need a ccj and default on a ccj before we go anywhere near the others... i keep telling them put the bloody thing before a court... but still they continue to write this crap, isnt there something in the cca about missleading debtors as to what will happen if they dont pay them?

Ooooh I had one of those too!!! :D

Obviously as Unmoderate the net states, Cabot are chasing everything ( ie in my own case, last heard of on thes matters in Dec 2008 !)

So cash flow is a-critical!

Dream on you loosers

Will post when I hear anything, hopefully for the benefit of others who are being perstered by the Kent Kripples

I did a delivery the other day near Cabot towers, dreary looking place, reminiscent of Hitlers huts at Rastenburg !

how do i start my own thread.cant find anywhere that says new thread.thanks

Go to the top of this thread and click the 'Debt Collection Industry' link, then you will see the 'New Thread' button.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I made that letter the basis of my 2nd complaint actually.... re. misleading information/threats about what will occur; bailiffs and charging orders :rolleyes:.

They've now "suspended" all collection activity.... ;)

have you got a copy/template i can use? I think the time has now arrived for myself too put in a complaint re misleading information.

I wish Cabot would get "resurfaced", with ken under the tarmac!

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref : xxxxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company and refer to the two recent letters received from yourselves; both dated xx/xx/xx.

Regarding your letter from Peter Anderson; Customer Liaison Manager, I have no intention of being scare-mongered into contacting you by telephone (paragraphs 1 and 3) and any attempts by you to reach me by telephone will be logged as a breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. They will then be rejected.

As stated in my first letter of complaint dated xx/xx/xx, your company purchased an account from HFC which was already in serious default of a legal request for a true copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement that I allegedly signed (Consumer Credit Act 1974). This request is now over two years old (signed and received by HFC Bank on xx/xx/xx) and since you’ve spent the past 18 months telling me that you’re looking for it and still haven’t produced it, I can only assume that you've grown impatient with this farce and have now resorted to bullying tactics in defiance of Consumer Law (Consumer Credit Act 1974) and the Section 10 Notice to cease and desist processing my data unlawfully under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Please be advised that should you decide to pursue court action and/or harass me any further; as the body of your second letter from Lindsay Thomas; Senior Recoveries Manager threatens, that it will be treated as both unlawful and vexatious. Your attention is drawn to the Information Commissioners Office on data protection which details the passing of personal information on to a third party while an account is in dispute as contrary to the Data Protection Act; not to mention my previous instructions under Section 10 of this Act which were ignored. You may therefore wish to refresh yourselves of the implications of ignoring the Data Protection Act yet again, before proceeding further.

In the circumstances, your threat of legal action is also in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on debt collection. I have also noted your misleading comments regarding “instructing bailiffs to remove items”; obtaining a property charge and/or an Attachment of Earnings Order. You must be fully aware these eventualities can only follow a delinquent County Court Judgement and as such, your comments on this subject are in direct breach of OFT regulations as well.

Any attempts therefore to secure a County Court Judgement will be vigorously defended on a number of grounds, including the continued absence of the properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement that I allegedly signed (Consumer Credit Act 1974), the concoction of a second Default Notice; containing the fiction that an Agreement endured and a number of other statutory breaches by yourselves and HFC.

With regard to paragraph 5 of your letter from Lindsay Thomas, please note the following:

Should it be your intention to arrange a “Legal Agency” to call upon me, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

As I have no desire to keep on repeating myself, I refer you to my previous correspondence on this matter and suggest that you re-acquaint yourself with its content. Please note however, that complaints have now been drafted for Consumer Direct, The Office of Fair Trading and The Financial Crimes Branch of HM Treasury.

I await your considered response before proceeding further myself

Yours faithfully,

:p

New set of letters today, all from a Doncaster mail sort address

"Oooh please contact us and our trsined and helpful staff will asissist you"

( to pay your unenforceable, unlawful and similarly untenable account)

Obviously Cabot, beimng so financially strapped cannot or will not read reasoned letters specifiying why tjhey cannot pursue accounts

Hey ho, I suppose the stupid phone calls will start next

Bring it on TOss Ports, You havnt heard real venom yet !

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly late, but a Happy New Year to all here

Latest rubbish from Cabot, I seem to have seen their miss-understanding of AdJustice before and its laughable that they have completely ignored all my previous comments regarding failures, attempting to pursue matters which are still in default from A.N.O. etc etc

Is it worth responding? I have in mind the warning of doorstepping, telephone harassment letter and s10 DPA ( again!) for these morons

cabrot.pdf