Sign in to follow this  
Surfer01

Change of tax disc category on sale of vehicle.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3573 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Currently my road tax disc is in the disabled road tax category. The vehicle has a full MOT and is insured. I am selling the vehicle at present.

Can the new buyer drive the vehicle back to their town which is nearly 200 miles away on the current disabled road tax and then make the necessary arrangements to change the tax disc or do they have to do it before they take the vehicle away?

If it needs to be done prior to them taking the vehicle, will there be any issue going into the nearest post office, handing in the disabled tax disc, showing insurance and MOT and getting a proper tax disc? They would need to show my current insurance in order to get the tax dsic unless they set up the insurance prior to the purchase which is very unlikely. I don't think that ]showing my insurance will be an issue as the vehicle will have all the necessary documentation in tghe event of a spot check. until the new owner sets up a new one.

Change of RK will be sent recorded mail as I don't trust the DVLA and it will remove any onus off me as I cannot have two disabled vehicles registered to the same address.

Have since found that that you can go from private to disabled class via the PO but have to go to DVLA office if the other way around!

Sign in to follow this