Jump to content

Change of tax disc category on sale of vehicle.


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Currently my road tax disc is in the disabled road tax category. The vehicle has a full MOT and is insured. I am selling the vehicle at present.

Can the new buyer drive the vehicle back to their town which is nearly 200 miles away on the current disabled road tax and then make the necessary arrangements to change the tax disc or do they have to do it before they take the vehicle away?

If it needs to be done prior to them taking the vehicle, will there be any issue going into the nearest post office, handing in the disabled tax disc, showing insurance and MOT and getting a proper tax disc? They would need to show my current insurance in order to get the tax dsic unless they set up the insurance prior to the purchase which is very unlikely. I don't think that ]showing my insurance will be an issue as the vehicle will have all the necessary documentation in tghe event of a spot check. until the new owner sets up a new one.

Change of RK will be sent recorded mail as I don't trust the DVLA and it will remove any onus off me as I cannot have two disabled vehicles registered to the same address.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...