Shared service - NHS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers

I have not yet reached the desperation stage, but would appreciate any advice.

I currently work for an NHS organisation in the IT department. It is very likely in the next few months that the IT services from 2 local-ish foundation trusts and the pct are in effect to be merged, creating a seperate entity which would serve all 3 organisations. Having read some of the consultation document, it looks like a new organisation is to be created ie the IT shared service, rather than the largest organisation contractually taking on staff from the other orgs and recharging the other orgs for any support and maintenance etc (which is what happened to the adjoining regional area).

My concerns are that if my contract will change to another organisation, is it forced to be an NHS contract, (not sure how this org will be set up), ie will I lose any pension rights, can annual leave entitlement change, can the salary and pay banding change.... you get the picture, and also if my base changes to a place where it's difficult to get to (I don't drive, and my current place takes at least an hour to get to, more so coming home), could I feasibly fight to retain my current base. If I am offered a position in the 'new world' and I find it unacceptable, can I then ask to go through the redeployment procedure instead?

I know this all sounds very general, but wondered if any of you have been in a similar position, presumably the NHS operates to some degree on one employment framework.

Many many thanks in advance.

It would depend on if the new shared service was being run by one of the NHS Trusts, as it is in cornwall. If so, then your NHS pension would still be ok, so will be your leave entitlement. I did 7 years for one trust, left and did another job for 4 years, then started back with the NHS and my years of previous service for the NHS still counted towards my annual entitlement. Same with your NHS pension.