lordfsa

Unprotected deposit not returned

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3547 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

Ive been trawling the web for useful information on how to go about my situation and Ive learnt a lot from people in similar situations.

I just want to know if it is advisable to use lawyers or pursue this myself?

My case seems straightforward:

• AST started in July 08 & renewed every 6 months with landlords visiting and inspecting property.
  • Check-in inventory signed...just a list of the furnishings, nothing else.
  • Property vacated in September '10 with check out inspection conducted in front of LL. We cleaned the carpets with a professional steamer, repainted skirting, washed upholstery + curtains, polished all the furniture. Took photos and videos.
  • We did not agree to any deductions...LL was being obtuse and said he would send a cheque in 3 weeks.
  • No news or information from him.

We were on good terms with the LLs till the last year. In their last two tenancy renewal visits they kept complaining the house was too messy and we had too many things. Frankly, we left it exactly as we received it, if not better.

Our AST says the deposit is being protected. I called all three agencies and none of them have any record of our deposit. Now theres no one to mediate for us.

Im really mad and want to sue the LL for as much as I can. I know I can go through SCC for just the deposit, but what if I want to go for the x3 deposit?

Guest Old_andrew2018

have you started legal action