Penalty Charge Notice with misspelled reg number

hicnar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I received a PCN yesterday but they swapped two letters of my reg plate, so technically this is not my bike being described in the PCN. Sure they might have taken pics and there will be no doubt then, but anyway is there a chance I can avoid paying the charge in that case?

Thanx in advance for your replies!

Krzysztof

council or private?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with G&M - the "offence" alleged is false, as you did not invalidly park any vehicle with the number plate listed ;)

Moreover, I'm guessing the reason G&M states this is because without the valid reg number, they cannot possibly trace you.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

If you ignore it completely, the issuing council's computer system will send an automated message to DVLA requesting owner details for the registration number stated on the PCN. It will either come back "no owner details" or else, it will be a valid reg number which exists on someone else's vehicle. They will get the letters and deny all knowledge, and you will never hear about it.

They cannot change the details or re-issue it, so you should not ever be contacted about it.