British Credit Trust - Arrears/Terminated/Repo or court threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some advice on how to handle British Credit Trust.

Took an HP agreement with them in August 2007.

Got shafted by Carcraft who basically loaded the agreement after I signed it with PPI and GAP insurance even though I declined it virbally twice with them.

I did call BCT after I got their paperwork to cancel the PPI (but I dont understand the statements about this?)

Now due to my income being slashed last year I have been struggling to keep up but trying to pay what I can.

I don’t like using the phone with these people and have tried sending them letters (all recorded) explaining the situation and the fact I am owed about 2k by HMRC who have dragged their feet since April to pay me. (If I had the money from HMRC sooner I can clear the arrears).

They ignored every single letter and sent me a termination letter, so I sent a CCA request on the 29 September.

They ignored the CCA request so after timeout I sent an account in dispute letter and two days later I get a copy of the CCA and also a nasty letter from their REPO man demanding payment in full of the arrears or they will take me to court to reprocess.

I have attached all the documents CCA/statements.

Could someone please look at the CCA and tell me if it enforceable?

I have paid so many £25 “letter charges” on the statement is there a process I can claim back these charges?

Any recommendations on how to proceed?

BCT_docs.pdf

Yes I still have the car, the repo company is FiS South East Ltd. He has been around to the house putting hand written notes in the door with his mobile number to call.

On the first page of the agreement under Key Financial Information it has some comment about the first payment being for GAP?

There is nothing about the PPI, but I did cancel it with BCT when I got the paperwork though the post (there are some adjustments on the statements about this at the begining, I would have to find the bank statements to see if they charged me anything for this).

Edited by damonz
spelling error

My first thoughts on this is that bct have shot themself in the foot and the agreement is unenforceable

since i believe july 2005 all extras on an agreement are classeda s multiple agreements and as such need there own set of perscribed terms

ie

ammount of credit

apr

total amount payable

i see non of that on the agreement

forget the cost of the car

its the extras ime talking about

do you have any policy docs on the ppi and gap

IF YOU HAD CANCELLED THE PPI THEN YOU WOULD HAVE HAD TO SIGN A NEW AGREEMENT TO MODIFY THE FIRST

I never signed any new agreement. The only thing they sent me initially was a glossy booklet that is called "A Guide To Your Hire Purchase Agreement" which has policy conditions for GAP and PPI.

Right, I have just looked through any paperwork I have for this.

I have attached the letter they sent to me and that is all I got along with the CCA I allegedly signed and the glossy booklet.

After I got the letter and saw the payments were higher and says I wanted GAP and PPI that’s when I called straight away to cancel.

They cancelled the PPI but talked me into keeping the GAP.

Looking at the agreement they sent to me under the CCA request - that is signed by a different person that the one they sent me originally and a different date?? why would that be?

init_letter.pdf

Naughty naughty bct

i know exactly what they have done but keeping that on the qt for the moment

is the date on the agreement sent to you after or before your original

check the two signatures

are they exact

and i mean exact

The orginal agreement that I have in my possession looks likes its been faxed at some point.

The date on my signature is 19/7/07 and their signature its dated 28/7/07 it also has a date printed at the top of the page of 23/7/07.

The agreement received today from the CCA request has my signature and dated 19/7/07 and it does look slightly different.

Their signature is completed different and dated 24/7/2007.

I was in court with these muppets last month and yesterday, to be honest their solictor got a pretty good slapping by the judge in court on both occasions, first occasion their solicitor wasn't upto speed on the case and didn't have a clue as he claimed he didn't have a copy of my defence which was a lie as it was sent recorded delivery and by e-mail I took boths proofs to the court and the judge told him well the court has a copy of the defence and has done so for over a week. I handed the solicitor a spare copy of the defence and he tried to plod through it as best as he could but the judge was having none of it. The judge stopped him in his tracks and asked me how I wished to proceed, I said in the interests of fairness the case should be set for another date on condition costs were not awarded to their solicitor, the judge agreed and their solicitor wasn't happy his costs were denied he didn't deserve them anyway.

Yesterday you couldn't make it up if you tried, got to court their solicitor was there different guy this time I thought we are going to have some fun, he approached me and asked if we could have a chat, I said no got nothing to say that hadn't allready been said this will be sorted by the judge. Got into court and the judge was all smiles we both said hello and addressed him as sir, the judge asked if we had come to an agreement and we said no as BCT wanted the car and I wanted to keep it and carry on paying. Anyway low and behold the solictor opened his mouth and said "We have recieved no defence" this is the point where I bit my tongue as I was going to laugh to which I looked across at the judge and saw the red mist billow up in his eyes. Basicly he wasn't a happy bloke he asked what efforts I had made to reach an agreement and I pulled a bunch of letters with recorded delivery slips attached stating I had tried everything to sort this out before court, he looked though them only to say he was granting a time order for the amount I wanted to pay, he then asked me what costs I had incured which I handed a list and also I handed hm a list of charges BCT had applied to my account he accepted both I think he wanted to turn the screw on them as much as possible as they were clearly wasting court time, so in all not a bad day made even better watching their solicitor exit the court room with his tail between his legs.

Just waiting to see what BCT are going to do next, I have requested a copy of the order set out by the judge today which sets out the time order and how much to pay and when just in case they decide to claim foul play.

• 4 weeks later...

Help!!

I have just received today a County Court Claim from BCT for this registered in my local court.

They are asking return of the car and money or about £6000..

I want to put in a defence, but now sure how to go about it..

Basically I want to continue paying the instalments but I want to claim back their excessive penalty charges they have levied on the account.

I had tried negotiating with them in writing which they ignored previously.

Any advice please?