style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately I over paid my landlord one months rent. When i spoke to the landlord she said this was fine and she would return the money to me and I text her my banks details so she could do this. This was on the 7th oct. Since then i have tried calling her and texting her but she hasnt answered her phone nor replied to my texts. I have also emailed her on the 21st, so fairly recently, but she still has not replied.

A relevant point may also be that she is attempting to withhold the whole deposit, an issue which one of my other ex-housemates is dealing with, thanks to this forum. This makes me think that she may not be entirely honest :!:

We do not know her actual address, she was on the electoral poll at living at the same address as myself but this was not the case in reality. Her sister lives next door to the house I rented from her.

what can be done?

What was the address on the tenancy agreement for the landlord?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Hi Mr Shed,

Thanks for your speedy response.

I have just checked the contract and the only address on the contract is the address for the house we rented.

There is a section in the contract for the landlord address, however this is blank.

Oh dear...

What about a land registry search on your property?

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Do you have her bank details?

In that case, I would write a letter before action followed by court proceedings using the address on the electoral roll. You will be able to enforce using her bank details.

As it may reveal a seperate address for the owner.