Complex debt advice needed

dyl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hope someone can give me some help - apologies as this may be long/disjointed post.

I owe somewhere in the region of £25-30k to around 8-10 creditors. I have considered bankruptcy before now, but cant afford the fee for it. I have largely ignored debt collection agencies because 1) I have not had enough for the basics of life so how can I give them any?! 2) I suffer from mental health issues and cant deal with this.

I need to get things sorted but dont feel able to do it myself - is there a service out there who will do this on my behalf? I cant cope with dealing with DCA's and their attitudes etc.

Also, I have an ex partner and we have a shared mortgage. I wont go into the reasons why, but I am not interested in my part of the property. I need to get removed from the deeds so that my debts do not land my ex with housing problems. I believe there is little or no equity in the property anyway - can I do this? How? If I do this how would it look if I did eventually go bankrupt?

Debt collection agencies really frustrate me. They always ask 'are you calling to make a payment' and when you say no you get asked why as if you are hiding a huge wealth somewhere. If you make an offer in my experience it is never accepted, they always at least double it. Please tell me there is help out there, please!

Thanks

Hi Dyl

Welcome to CAG

We can suggest ways of dealing with your debt and help as much as we can, but I think CAB would be a better alternative as they can provide better support.

Just type in your post code, contact your local office. http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Our advice generally involves, claiming back Penalty Charges, Mis-sold PPI, CCA Requests, etc.

Hi dyl

I would do an I&E statement for your own purposes and you can use the guidance on the National Debtline website.

I would then 'phone National Debtline, who I found very supportive, although you do not have to follow all their advice.

You can then seek further advice and support here.

best wishes

vic

• 4 months later...

There are many services that can assist you by giving advice on your complex debt. The professionals they utilize often contact lenders, develop a management plan and help you in trying to resolve your owed debt through monthly payments that incorporate all expenses owed.

Hi Emmanuael

Equally many sharks charge up front and do not not deliver said promises.

Our CAG line is extremely clear:

1. A DIY DMP having challenged all alleged debts and reclaimed all charges, interest thereon, and PPI.

2. Failing that, go with a free DMP via CCCS etc.

Welcome to CAG by the way; you'll get no bullsh*t here.

Best wishes

Vic

Hi Dyl,

I know this is a VERY personal question and you may want to pm me the answer rather than state in public, not that anyone on this site would judge you, but just how serious is your mental health condition. I have enormous experience in this area and could probably help you if you are ill enough. What medication are you on and how much? Do you see a Consultant on a regular basis (or consultants)? If so, how often? How long have you suffered from the mental health condition? What effect has it had on your life (-eg- have you had to give up work because of it? Has it impacted on your abiility to manage your own finances? Are you on DLA for it?

As much detail as possible and there is plenty of help from a range of organisations, but you'll be surprised what you can do for yourself. You have to trust me here that what I'm saying is true that I know a vast amount about mental health and debt. I would be very happy to help you if the circumstances are severe enough. I'm happy to help you anyway, but can help you more the more serious your illness is.

• Haha 1