Natwest Loan & PPI and a DCA

Teddybear154

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I wonder if any one can help me. My husband took out a loan at natwest for £15000 in september 2004 at the time when he took the loan they did not explain any thing about the loan protection. They never even gave any information about it. They just added it to the loan. They did not even tell us it was optional. Also with in a year of taking the loan my husband was planning on going self employed. He never told them this as they never asked. We now see that self empoled is not covered under the payment protection. Do we have a case would we be able to claim back ppi on this loan. has any one had any sucess with natwest and claiming back PPI. Also I have the template letter for claiming Back PPI and have wriitten out a letter. I Know the basic details about the loan, I have two piece of papper which are exactly the same which shows the loan amount, the amout for loan protection and the interest rate. And it has the bank details and my husbands details and mine printed but no signitures. These are the only pieces of paper work they gave my husband when he took out the loan. Is this enough info to make a claim or does my husband need to request more details befor making a claim. Also for natwest where should my husband send the letter to claim back PPI. Should he send it to branch where he took out loand or to natwest head office. If any one has the address that would be great. One other thing I don't know if this is the right place to put this but. When my husband took out the loan he went on his own to bank and took it in his name only. I was suppried earlier this week when for the first time in 5 years we recieved a statement for the loan and it was in both names. I have checked the only paper work that they gave my husband when he took the loan and my name is printed on that. But I never agreed any thing to do with this loan and never signed any paper work to do with this loan can they go and put your name on a loan and make you responisble for it if you never agreed or signed any thing. We have a joint current account with natwest and I can only assume they got my details from that.

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Hi,

I wonder if any one can help me. My husband took out a loan at natwest for £15000 in september 2004 at the time when he took the loan they did not explain any thing about the loan protection. They never even gave any information about it. They just added it to the loan. They did not even tell us it was optional. Also with in a year of taking the loan my husband was planning on going self employed. He never told them this as they never asked. We now see that self empoled is not covered under the payment protection. Do we have a case would we be able to claim back ppi on this loan. has any one had any sucess with natwest and claiming back PPI. Also I have the template letter for claiming Back PPI and have wriitten out a letter. I Know the basic details about the loan, I have two piece of papper which are exactly the same which shows the loan amount, the amout for loan protection and the interest rate. And it has the bank details and my husbands details and mine printed but no signitures. These are the only pieces of paper work they gave my husband when he took out the loan. Is this enough info to make a claim or does my husband need to request more details befor making a claim. Also for natwest where should my husband send the letter to claim back PPI. Should he send it to branch where he took out loand or to natwest head office. If any one has the address that would be great. One other thing I don't know if this is the right place to put this but. When my husband took out the loan he went on his own to bank and took it in his name only. I was suppried earlier this week when for the first time in 5 years we recieved a statement for the loan and it was in both names. I have checked the only paper work that they gave my husband when he took the loan and my name is printed on that. But I never agreed any thing to do with this loan and never signed any paper work to do with this loan can they go and put your name on a loan and make you responisble for it if you never agreed or signed any thing. We have a joint current account with natwest and I can only assume they got my details from that.

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Hello

I'm not that knowledgeable but have had a few successes with RBS myself following other peoples experience and advice on the site.

I sent my complaint directly to the RBS/Natwest office in Manchester specially set up to deal with PPI complaints.

Also had loans from RBS and didn't even know that we had PPI either, never told or asked whether we needed or wanted it. Refunded on my husband's and my current loans. Had one old one refunded but another old one has been sent to FOS as they only made an offer of £750 which seems to be the standard offer.

Good luck, let me know if I can help further or porvide the address in Manchester. Alanalana has had a lot of experience with RBS and can provide good links to her experiences.

• 2 months later...

Basically 5 years ago I took out a loan for £15000 with natwest. When I took out the loan I was made to take out loan protection on top.They told me if I did not take out loan protection I could not have the loan. The loan protection amounted to £3675. I never really thought any thing of it and have been paying my payments regually every month. Any way back in september this year, I discovered that payment protection is optional and you don't have to take it and that also it does not cover you if you are self employed.. Which I am. So all this time I have been paying for a loan protection policy that I did not need to take out and that is useless to me any way. I wrote to natwest at the end of August and they finally responded after over 2 months and have made me a offer They are willing to refund me £3590.15.. I decided to accept there offer and signed the form to accept offer and sent it special delivery on 9th November. In the letter with the offer it said that if I decide to accept there offer as soon as they recieve the signed form they will arrange for the money to be transfered in to my current account. Well I checked the tracking through royal mail and they have recived the form that I signed to accept offer on tuesday 10th November. It has now been 5 weeks and I have recieved no payment. No money has been transferred in to my current account.

How long now from them recieving the form does it normally take for natwest to deposit money in to bank account. It seems along time to me and im beginning to wonder if they are going to honor there offer and pay up. I really could do with the money. I have sent several letters and faxes asking whats going on and how long its going to be before I receive money but have had no response. When I phone up no one seems to be able to help me and I keep being passed from person to person. What should I do. Should I be patient and give them longer or not. Is there any thing else I can do to get them to pay out what they agreed.

Has any one else had a successful claim and how long did you have to wait for money.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

time to put in another claim.........

you have been seriously under refunded there.

you should atleast be getting at least £3675 + 8% stat back and prob a bit more.

time for a letter before action me thinks,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I havent been seriously under refunded yet as all though they made me the offer and I accepted I have recieved no money from them. Can I start a new claim if I agreed to accept there offer. As I havent actually recieved any money from them

thanks

ok well if you want help just ask.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Basically 5 years ago I took out a loan for £15000 with natwest. When I took out the loan I was made to take out loan protection on top.They told me if I did not take out loan protection I could not have the loan. The loan protection amounted to £3675. I never really thought any thing of it and have been paying my payments regually every month. Any way back in september this year, I discovered that payment protection is optional and you don't have to take it and that also it does not cover you if you are self employed.. Which I am. So all this time I have been paying for a loan protection policy that I did not need to take out and that is useless to me any way. I wrote to natwest at the end of August and they finally responded after over 2 months and have made me a offer They are willing to refund me £3590.15.. I decided to accept there offer and signed the form to accept offer and sent it special delivery on 9th November. In the letter with the offer it said that if I decide to accept there offer as soon as they recieve the signed form they will arrange for the money to be transfered in to my current account. Well I checked the tracking through royal mail and they have recived the form that I signed to accept offer on tuesday 10th November. It has now been 5 weeks and I have recieved no payment. No money has been transferred in to my current account.

How long now from them recieving the form does it normally take for natwest to deposit money in to bank account. It seems along time to me and im beginning to wonder if they are going to honor there offer and pay up. I really could do with the money. I have sent several letters and faxes asking whats going on and how long its going to be before I receive money but have had no response. When I phone up no one seems to be able to help me and I keep being passed from person to person. What should I do. Should I be patient and give them longer or not. Is there any thing else I can do to get them to pay out what they agreed.

Has any one else had a successful claim and how long did you have to wait for money.

Thanks in advance

My husband's payment was refunded into his current account within a week of RBS receiving his acceptance form. That was at the end of October.

I would certainly ring the number on your letter and check that they received the letter. One of my acceptance letters was received by RBS but got lost in transit between departments but the helpful chap arranged it by BACS so I had my payment in 3 working days after waiting about 5 weeks. My other claims took about 2 weeks.

Good luck, hope you get sorted quickly!!

• 10 months later...

It is a long story but I will try and explain.

5 years ago my husband took out a personal loan with NatWest where we had a joint bank account.

He took out the loan to buy a new car and to combind and clear a few debt.

My husband had never missed a payment.

When my husband took out the loan he was told he had to take out loan protection or he could not have the loan so he agreed.

At the end of last year we discovered that you don't have to take payment protection as it is optional.

My husband made a complaint to NatWest and tried to claim back what he had been charged in payment protection.

Eventually NatWest got back to us and agreed to refund what he had paid in payment protection and cancelled the payment protection on loan.

They were meant to pay refund money in to our joint account at the end of December last year but the money never arrived.

Money was a little tight after Christmas and we had expected this refund amount to be paid in to our account in time for when next loan payment was due.

But as money wasn't paid in to our account there was not enough money to pay the loan.

My Husband contacted NatWest to explain the situation and to ask why they had not refunded money in to our account yet.

They said they would refund £1000 in to the loan account that day which would more than cover the loan payment that we had missed so we were up to date with loan and did not have to worry and that they would refund the other £3500 to are joint account as soon as possible.

They did refund the £1000 to are loan account the same day so we did not think any more about it.

in the middle of January this year we received the rest of the refund £3500 in our NatWest joint account.

My husband paid the loan in January, February and march.

Then just after paying loan payment in march My husband received a letter out of the blue accusing him of missing a loan payment.

We could not understand it as far as we were concerned he had never missed a loan payment.

he wrote a letter back to NatWest to complain and to insist that he had not missed a loan payment.

A few days later I went to use my bank card to find they had put a stop on it and it was being declined.

They had put a stop on my husbands card to.

I then tried to log in to on-line banking to find I couldn't.

When I phoned to ask what was going on they said are joint account had been frozen.

All the money we had been refunded, all my husbands wages and all my benefits, tax credits and disability allowance were in that account.

They had left us with no money.

My Husband complained and complained And we struggled to pay the bills and live we had to ring up debts with other banks and had to borrow from friend and family to get by.

After 3 weeks they eventually aloud us access to some of the money. and we were able to use are cards again.

But a week later when my husband got paid and my money went in to the account, they froze the account again and stopped are cards again.

so we went through another month struggling.

We could not go on like this, so my husband spoke to his employer and asked them to pay his wages in to a different account at a different bank.

I contact the child benefits office, tax credits office, and the office that deals with disability living allowance and careers allowance and asked for them to send all payments in to a different account.

We stopped all money going in to our joint NatWest account. We felt we had no other choice.

My husband then wrote a letter to NatWest to complain again and stated that we would not pay any more money in to our account, until they stopped freezing our account and apologised.

NatWest would not listen and just kept sending letters demanding we pay money in to the account. And when it came to the date when loan payment was due because account was frozen the loan payment was refused and they charged us a unpaid item fee.

My husband contacted them several times more explaining that we were more than happy to start paying money in to the account and pay the loan once they promise to stop freezing the account and give us back the rest of our money that they have.

Each time My husband sent a letter he never got a response.

Then NatWest passed the loan to a debt company.

They wrote to my husband demanding payment.

He wrote back many times trying to explain the situation and that he felt he had done nothing wrong and asked that they pass it back to NatWest. Again he relieved no response, just demands to pay.

He asked if he could set up a payment plan with then as we did not have £4500 to pay off loan straight away, they have kept refusing.

They have now passed it to some one another debt collector and My husband received a very rude letter today.

The letter says " you must make full payment of the loan straight away to our office or a debt collector will be sent to your house to collect debt and won't leave until he has collected it."

We are really worried now what should we do we don't have the money to pay the last of loan in full.

My husband has never refused to pay loan, he has tried to sort this out but feels NatWest have treated us really badly.

What should we do and where do we stand.

If a debt collector comes around should I open the door or let him in.

Should My husband try writing to NatWest again.

Should NatWest have frozen our account for no reason isn't this illegal.

Even If my husband had missed a payment the loan is in his name only and not mine the bank account is in our joint account.

Surley they had no right to stop my card or freeze my money as debt (loan) was nothing to do with me.

Also one final thing like I said before Loan was in my husbands name not mine.

He went to the bank on his own and he signed all paper work and loan was in his name.

But half the correspondence we have received regarding the loan has been in both are names

can they do this I never signed or agreed any thing to do with the loan. I was not even there when he took out loan.

It has affected my credit record as on my credit record they are stating the loan is in mine as well as my husbands and that it is now in default.

thanks in advance

Edited by dx100uk
spell checked and space for easier reading

Debt companies make loads of threats, but they have no real powers. You should send the debt company a recorded delivery letter stating that you are currently in dispute with NatWest and the matter will be escalated to the Financial Ombudsman service. This link is from the CAG library and you may wish to modify to add the bit about the dispute and referal to the FOS. The letter concerns any doorstep visit which you don't have to accept.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

I would also suggest that the account holder writes to the NatWest Head office complaints address, with a history of what has gone on, advising them that you will be passing this matter onto the FOS.

Then phone the FOS or complete their complaints documents to take forward a complaint with them. The FOS will firstly notify NatWest that a complaint has been submitted and ask them for their comments. At this point NatWest might choose to resolve the complaint with you. You can go straight to the FOS, as your commplaint with Natwest has been ongoing for more than 8 weeks.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ok

firstly a few points here........

a PPI reclaim, even into the loan A/C itself, does not remove the necessity to continue your monthly repayments as required.

as they have taken [i assume under the off-set rules?] benefits from your bank a/c to repay the loan arrears only [i hope!] you need to send off the notice of appropriation letter [from the library tab - top right] to demand they pay them back.

lastly, please ignore all comms from the dca, they have no legal powers and can do nowt to you.

lastly i would write a strongly worded letter, containing the above giving them 14 days to positively respond to your complaint and refund your monies.

sar them [see the library too].

at this stage i would pers use the fos as a threat if you do not hear within 14days.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

It along story but I will try and explain. My Husband took out a loan 5 years ago for £18,000 with Nat west. Back in september of 2009 we had 10,000 left to pay on the loan we had never missed a loan payment and had always paid on time. In the september of 2009 we discovered that you don't have to take loan protection. My husband had been told he had to take loan protection or he could not have loan. We filed a claim to try and cancel the loan protection and refund on the loan protection. After 3 months of comunication with natwest and not seeming to get any where In December of 2009 they agreed to cancel loan protection and agreed to refund us £4000. Money was tight that december and I contacted natwest to ask when the money would go in to our account, I explained to them money was tight and That I did not think I was going to have enough money to make loan payment. They agreed and refunded £1500 to my loan account to reduce my loan the same day. And said this would cover the loan payment for december and not to worry. Then in January they refunded the other £2500 to mine and my husbands joint account. We paid the loan in January, Febuary and March. I have bank statements to prove this. But in march we recieved a letter accussing us of missing a loan payment. My husband phoned up to try and find out what is going on but know one could help him. A week later the day after my husbands wages, my child benifits, tax credits disability living allowance and careres had been paid in to account Natwest froze our account and we could not access any of are money We contacted many times to complain demanding our money but they refused to let us access are money. We had to borrow money from friends and family and had to take out a loan at another bank just to make ends meet as we had 2 children to look after and feed. about 4 weeks later ( 1st week of march) they unfroze our account and told us every thing had been sorted and that it would not happen again. a few days later after my husband wages had been paid in and all my money. They froze the account again. So again we went another month with no money. We had no choice but to change bank accounts that my husbands wages were paid in and I had child benifits, tax credits, disability living allowance and carers allwoance paid in to a different account at a different bank. We sent letter after letter complaining we went to are bank to speak to bank manage and spent hours on the phone to natwest. THEy kept are account frozen but would not tell us why but they did eventually allow us to access some of are money which we with drew all straight away and paid it in to another account at a different bank. Natwest got really anoyed when they found out we had stop all money coming in to that account. They demnaded that my husband start paying wages in to account so that they cold take loan payments. My husband said he would only pay his wages in to that account if they could garantee they would not freeze acconut again. They said they could not garantee so he refused as we could not afford to have his wages frozen again. My husband said he was happy to send a cheque each month to them for loan, or set up a direct debit or standing order. but they refused. We even tried making loan payments via there website but each time we tried we got a error message and couldn't. We have been arguing with natwest for just under a year now and still havent been able to come to a agreement. We now havent made a loan payment for 10 months not that we havent tried. We have never refused to pay. But yesterday we recieved a letter from natwests lawers saying they are taking us to court to get money. We just don't know what to do. If they had not frozen are account for no reason we would not be in this mess. The letter from there lawer states that natwest wants the loan paid in full with in 10 days. We don't have £7000 to pay it off in one go. What should we do. I really don't want to have to go to court and fight this out. I have three children with special need, 2 with autism and one with mild cerybal palsy. I home education them due to problems with the are local education authority refusing to give the funding needed for the help they need to be able to attend school. I am there full time carerer. I really don't need this stress and just want this sorted out. Can any one give me any advice on what we should do. Also on other thing My husband went to the bank 5 years ago by him self and took out loan, he took out the loan in his name only and he signed paper work. I never signed any thing. But natwest seem to have put my name on loan with out my consent. It is showing on my credit history and is effecting my credit rating. Can they do this.

Any advice would be muc appreciated

thanks in advance

Hi

I am thinking along the lines of an official complaint to Nat West but you will need to try and bullet point the problems you have had with them with dates etc and also complain about them including you in the agreement. Emphasise that you have attempted to reach a satisfactory agreement with them. You will need to head this COMPLAIN and request a copy of their formal complaints procedure. Send a copy to their solicitors and tell them you have a grievance with Nat West.

You can mention in the complaint letter that you will refer the matter to OFT and FOS if you cannot reach a satisfactory agreement with them.

You could also send a CCA request to Nat West and also request full statements of account.

Do you own a home as Nat West are probably thinking that they can get a Charging order against you?

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No we do not own are house we rent privatly. But we are moving soon to a bigger house in another area but again we will be renting privatley. I will get on to it and will find out there formal complaints procedure. I will also write a letter to there lawyer today.

You should have taken this to the Banking ombudsman months ago. You have the right to know why they froze your bank account.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

• dx100uk changed the title to Natwest claim PPI