Can I get my returned goods back from Brighthouse?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I took out an agreement with Brighthouse 3 years ago for a new tv on a 156wk agreement.

In February of this year I moved house and didn't tell Brighthouse, which I admit was stupid, but as giving up job to move, wasn't able to afford repayments, so made last repayment on 10/02.

In May or June of this year, I returned home to find a notice advising that someone had called to collect the tv. Not knowing any better, I rang the number on the notice and was advised that if we didn't agree to hand the tv back, the police would called and entry would be forced into my property to reclaim the tv. Not knowing better, we agreed to hand back the tv. While the gentleman was at our flat, he said that we may be able to get an account re-set and get our tv back as we had nearly paid the tv off in full (We owe £250 out of a £1519 agreement). When we spoke to the store they said they wouldn't be able to do this and that we had lost our tv for good. Fair play, we thought, we were stupid enough to try and do a runner, but we were trying to get back on track and would have been happy to restart payments and finish paying.

However, today I have received an Annual Statement from Brighthouse, implying our account is still open and that we still owe £250. Does this mean that if we pay them £250 we can get our television back? Especially considering we had DLC and OSC, so I had in actual fact paid back over £2,200?

I'm also quite annoyed because I've discovered that they would have had to get a court order to repossess my tv as I had paid so much. The gentleman (I use the term loosely) that we spoke to obviously lied to us quite badly. Do I have any legal recourse here?

I know I was stupid, but when I tried to sort it out, they didn't want to know.

Any advice on whether I can get my tv back would be great, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...