Jump to content

Help needed mis-sold PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Need a bit of help, fighting for refund of mis-sold PPI , loan taken in 2003 settled 2005, settlement made after sale of property by solicitor, need more details of final settlement (refund of PPI and early settlement interest, early settlement and any other charges), letter sent to lender in August still waiting for a response as they have ignored letters in the past I do not think I will get one, would an SAR give me the information?, and is it to late to ask for one?.


Many thanks in advance mhbw3043

Edited by mhbw3043
Link to post
Share on other sites



Many thanks for that, SAR letter going today, been trying to get our money back for two and a half years we have a good case for mis-sold I was self employed and my partner reached retirement age twelve months after loan taken out and both of us had existing medical conditions that were not discussed.

Usual thing if you do not take the PPI we will not agree the loan also told if we settled early most of the PPI would be returned as a rebate, settled after two years less than half rebated,

been using a Solicitor for twelve months originally on a no win no fee now wants 25% of any settlement so we are on our own. The cost of the PPI was £6100 the total with interest had it run the full term would have been £9400, when the loan was cleared in 2005 after house sale the settlement statement sent to the solicitor was very brief, the settlement figure was £2000 off the current balance nothing shown as to how they arrived at that figure, but they now say we had £3500 PPI rebate but they have not acknowledged letter from solicitor asking for more details hence the need for an SAR. they wrote a few months ago saying that they had been less than generous with the rebate and offered another £350, that was turned down, will be back after I get my SAR.


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...