Mortgage Company Arrears Counsellor...

Americanmuscle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, received a ltter from my mortgage company on Wednesday 20 2010 confirming details of a payment arrangement for me to clear my arrears (got behind as a lot of people have) to start on October 22 2010!!, gee thanks 2 days notice! :jaw:

their letter also states the following...

Your account will be reviewed every month to ensure receipt of the agreed payment, and if you fail to maintain the arrangement we will arrange for an arrears counsellor to visit you. A fee of £95 will be debited to your mortgage account if such a visit is necessary.

Can they do this? To me that is a bloody cheek to put more debt on my account + the interest that will go on. Also, their letter arrived 2 days before the date they stated to begin the arrangement via direct debit which I have given no instruction for, unless they are going to use my original instruction?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You have a right to refuse a counsellr visit. They must be made by appointment and you can not be charged for an unarrnaged attempt.

Furthermore they are only entitled to charge for the cost of the visit and they are not emtitled to add any profit margin