Does a Freedom of Information Act request get logged onto the PNC/CRB?

Tom87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was unsure which forum to put this in, please feel free to move it if there is somewhere more appropriate that I haven't spotted...:-)

I would like to make a Freedom of Information Act request to a number of police forces in the south-west of England. I would like to know if the fact that I have made a request will enter the Police National Computer, or if the fact that I made a request from the police will come up on any future CRB checks I might have to do.

If it's relevant, I do have a criminal record for a single, isolated offence, which is not yet spent. I just don't want the police seeing that I am on their files and then adding the fact that I have requested information from them to those files.

Thanks for any help.

No, the fact that you have made a freedom of information request won't appear on any future CRB check. A freedom of information request is for information held by public authorities in relation to their work; it's completely irrelevant to any personal criminal record they hold of you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)