Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice. Today 22 october, I recieved a letter dated 18 october, from a company called Pastdue credit solutions.It is a formal demand for payment of £878.08, the pursuer of this according to the letter is a company called 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd. In the letter they give me acount number and sort code for Bank of Scotland or pay online. the letter tells me I must make full payment by 25 october, "This will avoid a field visit officercallinf at your address".

The thing is, I don't know who 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd is, or how I come to owe them £878.08. What is a field visit officer? Can anyone advise me on this please!

Hi and welcome to CAG

Worst Credit are a debt collection agency but the question is, "Did you have an account with BoS?"

A field visit officer is more commonly called a doorstep collector, also known as-nothing to worry about :lol:

In the unlikely event anyone actually turns up, give them a letter from here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members.

And politely tell them to sling their hook. They can do nothing to you.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Worried,

First of all calm down, take deep breaths and relax, you are in control of all this, not the DCA.

All of the threats of due dates and people calling at your address are designed to scare and intimidate, and even if anyone does come knocking, they have as much right to your money as my dog does, tell them to get off your property or you will call the police.

Send Pastdue this letter asking for more details of the debt... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Send via recorded delivery, print your name and NEVER SIGN.

Also include the Doorstep Visit letter as well... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Post back when Pastdue responds to your request.

In the meantime, relax, Pastdue and other DCA's thrive on the vulnerable or uninformed, if they phone, refuse to answer security questions and say "in writing only please" and hang up.

DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO RING THEM AT ALL COSTS - keep it all in writing so you have a complete papertrail.

Best Wishes

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thanks for the advice, have printed the letters and ready to post. will let you know the outcome. And as far as i know i've never had an account with Bank of Scotland. Once again tanks for the help and advice it's good to know that there are friends out there.

You probably have the same name as a debtor and Worst credit via Pastdue have got you on a phishing list in the hope that the proper debtor contacts them.

I would report them to Trading Standards-just for the hell of it. They are supposed to be sure of who they are contacting before they begin doing so

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE