Dodgy Lanlord issuing (dodgy) Section 8 notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey folks,

I probably should've came here earlier as this has been going on for a few weeks now. Basically, my girlfriend's landlord is trying to kick her out and a variety of grounds. These include non-payment of rent, moving me into the property, anti-social behaviour and threatening people (both of us apparently), all of which we deny. The only thing that has an ounce of truth to it is that a cheque for the deposit she gave him bounced, but she then paid it in cash, as requested by him.

After a lot of harrassment, giving her short notice to leave by text & email, plus threatening to have the locks changed, he's submited a Section 8 notice via email (despite her repeated request for all correspondence to be by writing). This document is not in writing nor has he signed it.

Bascially, she obviously now wants to leave but doesn't want him claiming she's broken the contract by leaving prematurely and putting in claims against her. She offered the mutual termination option but he claims he's already terminated the contract, which we're not convinced about.

What I need to know is if he obliges and sends one signed, can she then agree to move out without being penalized for moving out before the natural end of the contract? Additonally, is there any other way she can end the contract legally, perhaps in the face of his conduct, without penalties?

Cheers,

The Convincer