Mother-in-Law worried

sully123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, My mother in law has received this letter from the network 3, she has lived at the address for over 15yrs, She has never ever spoke with 3 on the phone to take out a mobile contract, nor has she been into a shop to take out a contract with 3, she is also a pensioner.

There was a problem back in 2006 were as our son had a mobile from 3, and some how or other they used the mother in laws details to give him a phone, this bill was eventually settled through us paying the mother in law and her paying them via a direct debit.

The sister in law called them yesterday and explained about this incident, they in turn insist this is a different account, but our son's name appears along side it.

So I guess she just sends them the prove it letter, hopefully someone can advise asap, as the mother in law is worried, i did say I would do the letter asap.

The debt is 100% certainly not hers.

This is the letter

threenetworkformother1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hm, sending them letters will probably result in them passing it onto lowlifes anyway, let me try to think a little...:frusty:

So your son had an account with them, which is definitely settled?

My only fear is once you send them a prove it letter, they will just start the letter tennis game and it will take months to get to the bottom of.

If it has your MinL's name on and it is addressed to her, then she clearly does not owe anything, so the only letter that need be sent is one stating that this person at this address, does not nor has ever had, any dealings contracts or agreements with 3, and enter a formal complaint with 3.

There are other organisations who can assist you with this like http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

They will be able to give you their advice over the phone, but I think that your first letter should simply be one stating that no agreement has ever been taken out in her name or at this address and that any request for money is vexatious and without proof.

See what they say, here is the CEO's email at three...[email protected]

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Would this be sufficient

Address letter sent to:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Three

Original Account Number:

Lowell Reference Number:

Mobile Number:

Amount Due: £

Arrears: £

Early Termination: £

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to THREE.

I also state that:

I have been at the above address for over 10yrs, I have not nor have ever had, any dealings contracts or agreements with 3, and enter a formal complaint with 3.

No agreement has ever been taken out in my Name or at this address and that any request for money is vexatious and without proof.

Yours truly,

Yes thats fine, just "HEADLINE" at the top of the letter "FORMAL COMPLAINT" and you can then remove it from any sentence,

'You have contacted me regarding the above account. I wish to highlight and bring to your attention that until this letter I had no idea such a company existed, that said, your inaccurate and false allegation that I somehow owe your company money, is extremely premature and litigious.

Having lived at this address for over a decade and never having any dealings with you, I am of the assertion that your information is wholly inadequate and incorrect, as such I have passed your details onto my local Police station and that of my local trading standards office, therefore any subsequent correspondence from yourselves will be treated as fraudulent and harassment and will be reported immediately to the Police.

Yours...

Alternatively edit to suit, I guess what I'm trying to get across is that if you put too much legal jargon or too much consumer knowledge into the letter, they will assume that this is the correct person and they are trying to avoid payment, write the letter in laymans terms with very little or no consumer knowledge at first, then if they try to play hard ball, bloody hammer them and sue them and earn a holiday out of em!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you once again BB

I had already passed the letter on to the M-in-L as the S-in-L, was making it tough to leave it until Monday, She wanted it addressed on the day.

I also sent the letter to the email address you supplied, I had an answer back saying they will look into it, and will DISCUSS anything within the next 5 days.

I replied thanking them for a quick response, and could any actions be done either by email or post

Had this email earlier today, I have not called them.

Should I reply giving them my number to call me.

I am not the recipient of the letter, so I would presume they would not talk to me anyway.

Hi ******* (Formal first name here)

Thanks for your email highlighting your concerns regarding the ownership of an account with us.

I have investigated the account concerned and would like to speak to you to discuss matters further. As I do not have an active telephone number for you, I would be grateful if you would get in touch with me.

Please call me at the Executive Office on 08433 7******* (5p/min from a BT landline, other networks may vary). Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 9am until 6.30pm.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Craig Ledgerwood

Three Executive Office

Is that from 3?

If so then there is no problem in contacting them and talking to them to clear this matter up, IF however it is Lowlifes email then NO defo do not ring.

However putting his signature box in the search engine came up with some very interesting results!

Here is the exec office email [email protected]

Here is the search engine results!

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08453550306/4

I don't like using the phone for any dealings with big companies unless you can record the call. Otherwise, theyare the ones with the recording, while you can never remember exactly what was said. I've been bitten too many times by promises that are never kept, and that they will "sort it all out and get back to you". Nowadays I like a paper trail, then they can pout their lies and vaporous promises in writing if they dare.