Threatened with Warrant of Possession - HELP!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello - new to this so please excuse if it rambles on.

Ok we were in severe mortgage arrears which we paid off in total - have been told that the suspension order is still in force.

Due to the mortgage arrears being paid off - we had to try to get our finances in order - paying the water, having electricity & gas meters fitted.....which meant we didn't pay the mortgage for the past 2 months.

We sent a letter to the mortgage company explaining - and also to query the suspended possession order.

We had no reply back from Mortgage company and yesterday received a notice of warrant of possesion being issued - after speaking to the mortgages company - no eviction date has been set - but they want the full arrears £1,600 to prevent eviction?

The guy on the phone at Salt was really not interested in any offers - we could afford to pay £800 this month and a further £800 next month - we would struggle with everything else but we could do it.

I don't know what to do - i will try to phone them again tonight see if we can come to arrangement???

Hi Linda

Welcome to CAG

The guys will assist shortly.

Thank you so much! I may not be able to reply over weekend as these are sent to my work emails....any help would be fantastic - hardly slept last night.

Hi there

8-) Shelter advice line really helped us!

Homeowners who need expert help with mortgage arrears or are facing repossession can now contact a dedicated telephone advice service run by Shelter.

Unlike many services advertised in the media, Shelter’s homeowner helpline does not sell financial products - our advice is free, impartial and confidential. As experts in housing law, we have been given Government funding to provide this free service.

The number of homeowners coming to Shelter because they are struggling to pay their mortgage has more than doubled over the last year. If you are finding it difficult to afford your monthly payments, please don’t let things get to crisis point – it is never too early, or too late, to get advice.

All calls made to this number, including ones from mobile phones, will be charged at a standard landline rate.

The service is open from 8am – 8pm on weekdays and 8am – 5pm at the weekend.

oops and the number is...0300 3300 515 (the number might help!)

thank you for your help so far appreciate it PPI Insurance!

Just feel our mortgage company won't even listen to us now - we don't even owe £2,000!

but i will give Shelter a ring on that number (thanks for that) and see what they suggest