LookingForInfoPlease

Barclaycard Wescot Cabot Red Lowells Hampton

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3582 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone.

I am looking for some help with dealing with Debt Collection Agencies.

I have 5 credit cards and 1 store card. All are now closed and 3 have been in default for around 18 months.

I opened a Barclaycard account in 2003 and balance stands at £3,488 and has been passed to different DCAs as i get fed up with them telling me to pay amounts i simply dont have. I was getting the threatening letters and calls and it quickly got me so down i became i shut off to the world. Eventually i got stronger and started to deal with my finances and made an arrangement with Wescot, who had taken over my BC account. After one £10 payment they cancelled my direct debit. I called them and asked them why my DD was cancelled. All they would say was Lowells had taken the account back and i should contact them.

So i contacted Lowells and was basically told that they own the account and can do as they want and demanded payment. Told them i had already entered a plan with Wescot and they said that it was no longer in place. Asked them why they had taken the account back but wouldn`t answer.I told them, i control my finances, not you and put the phone down. Very annoyed as you can imagine!

After that i just ignored them. Calls letters. Threatened with all the usual **** but i was too ****ed off with them to give a toss.

My account has been passed around and i not paid any of them anything since june Today i had a letter from CABOT FINANCIAL (dated19th Oct ) with BC logo at the top, saying they have bought the debt and now stands at £4164. Included was another letter from CABOT FINANCIAL (Europe) saying they have been assigned the debt ! confusing !!! But , today i also had a letter from RED (dated 18 Oct ) saying my account has been passed to Hampton Legal and sum owed is 3488!!

I checked my credit file today and see Lowells entered default last year.

I dont know where to start. Can anyone offer advice please ??

Much appreciated!

Edited by LookingForInfoPlease

Also, Cabot have informed they will be charging me 12% interest per annum. I read somewhere, interest can`t be added to account in default ??

Edited by LookingForInfoPlease