rosey-789

Perfect Homes and a Laptop problem

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3585 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I purchased a Dell Laptop from perfect in 2008. I am still paying around £8 per week until June 2011.

Recently i have had a problem with the laptop saying that my battery is coming to the end of its life and to purchase another. I contacted PH asking them because I'm still paying for it will they give me a new battery free to which they told me to contact Dell and explain I am still paying and i purchased from PH. Now Dell have said no i would have to pay £129 for a new battery as my 12 month guarantee has expired.

Anyway i told PH this and they have told me there's nothing they can do. This laptop could go at any time and then I'm without one but still paying for it. Could i hand it back into the store and tell them to keep it.

Have you got a Optional Service Cover Contract with them which you took out when you bought this?

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

I’d be surprised if a battery wearing out would be covered by this. But their cover contracts are limited at best. You may be better off searching the web for a third-party battery replacement – should get one for £40.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

The battery may not be covered but the rest of the laptop should be? You need to get this clarified with them.

Personally I have been milking the service contract to get as much of my washer replaced as I can. It is the rest of the company/contract I have a problem with

At your Service

When a tyre wears out on a car the company who sold you the car is not responsible for replacing it. This is because it is a "wear and tear" item. Laptop batteries, unfortunately, are in exactly the same category.

You are best off finding one on a popular auction site I suspect.

However, if you post your service contract up here we can see if this type of item is specifically excluded because some contracts do not specify wear and tear etc (I doubt it is included with a PH agreement but I've been surprised before).

VJ

my dad bought a washer from ph, he was in hospital for three weeks and missed a payment so they phoned him three times while he was in hospital demanding payment even though i had been into the store and explained the situation, when he came home he went to the store to bring his account up to date they refused saying they didnt take payments on saturdays, i was livid and asked for the phone number to head office, they said they didnt give that information out and that they would get someone from head office to ring me i never recieved and phone call, a few months later my dad was in hospital again this time he was seriously ill and given a few days to live i got in touch withthe store to explian things and all they wanted to know was when they could pick up the washer, i again asked for the head office number and got the same reply and surfice to say im still waiting for them to ring me.

The 'head office' does not actually exist, there is no phone number and all customer service is through the shops.

My understanding is that the service contract stipulates that if you are unable to pay - i.e. ill, unemployed etc the process is that they will remove the goods until you can pay again.

At your Service

Is this "Head Office" based in Coleshill by chance?

That's the one

At your Service