SMP and Tax credits

dazzadub
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was informed yesterday that tax credits disregard first £100 of the smp my partner gets.

we had baby in may 2010. we made claim from her birth date. smp was recived from day 1 of babys birth.

we made are claim and put all the smp and any other we had coming in on are calculations, as tax credits did are calculations on this years figures.

it came to light yesterday i shouldnt have decalred £3900 as this is disregarded off the amount for the amount we told them.

people have told me that i should be getting around £188 a week tax credit, child tax credit and baby element.

but we only get £128 from may.

i called tax credits today and they said yep we needed to remove £3900 as they disregard it, and lady said they will recalculate it and let us no what happens, she said it will prob go up.

i said what will happen to the money we havent had from may, she said it will be put onto the remain award and want get it backdated into a lump sum.

some one said to me today, this is money you were entitled to and have not received and they should up your payments to around 3188 a week mark and should also back date £60 ish a week back 23 weeks

they work for tax credits in the office.

so im little unsure what will happen. figures are as follows

original yr income

£8000

we got £128.25 a week

_ £3900

= £4100

this would take are money upto £188.36 a week.

meaning an increase of £60

meaning they owe us over £1300

we have over estimated income anyway as it would be about 700 a year less based on are figures so we dont owe them any money.

just need to know how they pay this and sort it out as been told few different ways.