Dodgy Laws that have never been changed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is still illegal to wear a false nose on a Sunday.

It is also illegal to buy fish on a Sunday.

Laws that have never been rewritten (or changed because there was no need to).

I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Any resident of Chester can shoot a Welshman with an arrow if he is within the city walls on a Sunday:!:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Glad you said WelshMAN lol...

Ya know, I thought of you when Iwas typing :wink:

Another one:

It is illegal for a woman to eat chocolate on a public conveyance

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament, this has to be my number one.

Shame that.

We also break the law every christmas day as it's illegal to eat a mince pie on this day.

This dates back to cromwell and still is law today.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament, this has to be my number one.

Shame that.

It is also illegal to enter Parliament wearing a suit of armour which (obviously) increases the risk of dying there

It is also illegal to enter Parliament wearing a suit of armour which (obviously) increases the risk of dying there

Your quite right,crazy eh,who came up with these laws............the mind boggles.

You think British laws are silly.

In Florida, you are not allowed to fart after 6pm on Thursdays. Waddya do-hold it till friday:lol:

In accordance with The Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing. I mean, WTF?!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

1. It is lawful to kill a Scotsman in York if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
  2. It is illegal for taxi drivers to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
  3. A taxi driver must ask passengers if they are suffering from plague or smallpox.
  4. A member of the House of Commons is not allowed to resign his seat. However, if one wants to leave the post, he applies for (and is automatically granted) the Stewardship of the Aylesbury Hundred, which is a job with no duties or pay but which makes him ineligible for membership of Parliament.
  5. Anyone entering the Houses of Parliament while wearing a suit of armour is liable to be arrested.
  6. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (I'm not sure what punishment is inflicted on offenders).
  7. Any whale washed up on the shore is the property of the Queen, so she can use its bones for her corset.
  8. In Hereford you can shoot a Welsh person on a Sunday, with a longbow, in the Cathedral Close.
  9. You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, inside the city walls and after midnight.
  10. It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
  11. Women are permitted to go topless in Liverpool provided they work as a clerk in a shop selling tropical fish.
  12. A bed may not be hung out of a window.
  13. It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.
  14. It is illegal to be drunk on licenced premises.
  15. Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end may be sentenced to 24 hours in the stocks.
  16. Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.
  17. It is illegal to eat mince pies on 25th December.
  18. In London it is illegal to hail a taxi while suffering from bubonic plague.
  19. Sticking a postage stamp (showing the head of the queen, which they all do) on an envelope upside down is considered treason.
  20. It is illegal to go within 100 yards of the queen when not wearing hose, socks or stockings.
  21. It is illegal for any commoner's pet to have carnal knowledge of an animal belonging to the monarch.
  22. A pregnant woman may relieve herself anywhere she likes, including (if she requests) in a policeman's helmet.
  23. A hackney carriage (i.e. taxi) driver must (still) carry a bale of hay and a bucket to feed and water his horse [Thanks to Paula Wilde for reminding me of this one]
  24. It is illegal for a London taxi driver to take more than one day off work in any week unless he gives 10 days notice (presumably to the licensing authority).
  25. It is also illegal for a London taxi driver to pick up a passenger who flags him down, although he is permitted to display an illuminated sign saying he is available.
  26. Also in London you may not carry a plank, pole, ladder, wheel, hoop or tub along the footpath, although you can carry it across the path to load it into a vehicle.
  27. Children in London are forbidden to play any game, fly a kite or slide on ice or snow in the street.
  28. Under a 1906 act of Parliament it is illegal to go to a fancy dress party dressed as a soldier or sailor.
  29. In London it is an offence against the law to beat a carpet in the street, or to beat a doormat in the atreet after 8:00a.m.

4. A member of the House of Commons is not allowed to resign his seat. However, if one wants to leave the post, he applies for (and is automatically granted) the Stewardship of the Chiltern Hundreds, which is a job with no duties or pay but which makes him ineligible for membership of Parliament. (also the Manor of Northstead is used for the same purpose)

The Chiltern Hundreds is what is known as a 'rotton borough'. It has no registered constituents, no legal land ownership within the defined area and was created by Parliament to stick troublemakers into until they knew what to do with them... people 'under suspicion' could be assigned there too - all goes back to the Reformation days. Another one was Gatton near Reigate in Surrey,

(I did parliamentary history as a project at school in the dim and distant 70's.... still remember huge amounts of it!)

Sodem, are you sure about number 11? Do they have a lot of tropical fish in Liverpool?!:madgrin: and I need number 21 explaining please:???:

21 roughly translated means do not let your dog roger the Queen's deer/swans etc.! (i.e. keep it on a lead!) :-)

Sodem, are you sure about number 11? Do they have a lot of tropical fish in Liverpool?!:madgrin: and I need number 21 explaining please:???:

Yes. Number 11 is true.:|

As for number 21.......As Steve H said:razz:

The Chiltern Hundreds is what is known as a 'rotton borough'. It has no registered constituents, no legal land ownership within the defined area and was created by Parliament to stick troublemakers into until they knew what to do with them... people 'under suspicion' could be assigned there too - all goes back to the Reformation days. Another one was Gatton near Reigate in Surrey,

(I did parliamentary history as a project at school in the dim and distant 70's.... still remember huge amounts of it!)

I wished i'd of paid more attention in my history lesson,that is quite interesting.

Now you got me interested in finding out more:-)