style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3579 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok where to start, my gf has received an eviction order for tuesday 26th. Now she did fall behind with her rent as there has been a lot that has happened to her with her ex leaving her with nothing and emtying her house leaving her and her two children nothing. Now my gf works part time as a dental nurse as her youngest is still at nursery. The housing association had recently changed names, now my gf knew she owed money but with everything that has gone on she was unsure how much. She has continued to pay and the odd payment has been missed but she has never made this a bad habbit. On the 17th sept she recieved the possesion order which was in fact the original one from 2009 when her ex left her in a mess, the amount owed on this order shows £967 and they have in red birow written underneath the old housing association with the new name (not even printed a new form out) and right at the bottom in very small red writing it says ammended 17.9.10. My gf rang up to say why have you sent me this for and they said she owes £900, my gf informs them she has paid the £967 and they say no you owe a further £900,but yet the letter was never ammended with what they say is the correct amount. Now they are taking her to court saying they will not extend it or cancel the order even though she has said she will pay another £300 this week and then 2 seperate amounts of £300. Im no expert but surely they can not do this. How would she even know what was owed when they didnt even ammend the letter even if it is to be very unprofessional and writing it in red biro. Even a bailif who knows the predicament she was left in with her ex has offered to hold off her payments for 4 weeks so she can deal with this as he knows she offered to pay the required amount on time every week to get it paid early (5 weeks left) this is not on with a single working mother of 2 young children.

What type of tenancy agreement does she have, how much in arrears is she, and how much is the weekly/monthly rent?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!