Swalec Arreas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Hope you can help me with a problem I can't seem to shift.

Myself and partner have been living in our current residence for about 2 years now, I work full time and the OH is on benefits and may never work again.

When we first moved in I agreed to pay the Rent and Council tax, the OH agreed to pay the bills as we didn't think they would amount to much (which has proved to be the case) and jointly we would share the cost of the shopping and stuff.

The first year end was met with a huge bill from Swalec, we had had a torrid time with the radiators taking ages to come on and the heating wasn't working right which through the letting agents was eventually sorted, we eventually found out after all these repairs was that the pump on the water tank was faulty, thus causing us to use more gas to hear the water explaining the bill.

It was about £200 the OH said she'd get a DD set up and sort it, fair enough :)

Come march this year we were at logger heads, arguing, shouting and all sorts... when you have a 2yr old in the house it isnt really the attitude parents should have towards each other.

I couldn't understand the problem, thought it could have been the stress with the baby etc, but no seem'd fine it was only towards me, especially when I got home from work.

Then a Swalec bill arrived for both gas and electric... the OH hadn't been paying the bills and we owe'd about £500 I can't remember the exact figures.

So I looked at my income and expenditure and hers and decided if she looked after the shopping, tv license and water bills I would cover everything else.

Suddenly our relationship got better, I felt better so did the OH until Swalec told me I could only pay off arrears over 6 months which worked out around £87 PPM.

After the 2nd month I had to cancel the DD as I just couldn't afford it, I paid off about £100 over the next 3 months then the latest bill arrived (quarterly)taking the total to just over what the original arrears were.

Again tried to set up a DD same amount as I paid off some over the phone and online.

Subsequently cancelled the DD again as I can't afford it again.

Both times I have spoken to Swalec I have been told we use about £33-35 pounds a month in electric, I work during the day, OH goes to her parents or out in general so no-one is home, only fridge and internet hub is left on.

I can afford our monthly usage no problem but just can't afford to pay off the arrears in 6 months, is there anything I can do to change this? I don't want a payment meter, we have no need for it but these arrears are becoming a burden fast, even 8-9 months I should shift them I just don't know how to put my point across.

Swalec have never been funny with me on the phone and I bear no grudge but I just cant do the 6 month thing.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Steve