Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Please make sure that you have read at least a dozen or so of the other Hermes stories on the sub- forum. Come back and confirm that you have done this. Once you have done the reading you will understand the whole situation about insurance and you will understand that with our help you will be able to get all of your money back. You will also understand how it works and the fact that Hermes will force you to go to court and they will eventually go to mediation and there they will end up offering you pretty well everything you are claiming that they will try to hold back on a few things such as court costs. You will also understand that if you stand your ground then you will get everything. You will see that Hermes will exploit the tax payer funded poorly resourced County Court system in order to avoid their proper responsibilities towards you and to avoid the consequences of their own negligence in handling your property. Hermes treatment of their own customers and of the County Court system is abusive but I'm afraid that there is nothing we can do to stop them other than to challenge them all the time and to make sure you get your money back. You will need to begin a formal complaint against Hermes. Simply tell them that you don't accept their position and you want your money back. Send it to them by email. Don't certainly deadlines – but wait probably about 10 days and then if they refuse or if you don't hear from them come back here and we will help you with the next step. If you've done your reading then you will know what those steps are You will get your money back but I'm afraid that Hermes will spend far more than it's worth to try and deprive you and so it will probably be at least two or three months.  
    • The reports come as Facebook's WhatsApp starts to roll out a disappearing photos and videos feature.View the full article
    • Hi   Irrespective that you were given this property via the homelessness scheme in your area you would more than likely have signed an agreement for that property so forget about the homelessness an you then became a Tenant of that Housing Association and have the exact same rights as any other tenant of that Housing Association.   I do have compassion for you in this situation as you have been trying to get your life back in order and it as been one obsticale after another then this flooding which due to it being raw sewege has more than likely detroyed what belonging you had.   What I am going to say now you won't like to hear but with Housing Associations the contents of a Tenants property is for that individual Tenant to ensure they have proper 'Contents Insurance' for situations similar to yours and most Housing Association should advertise/let Tenants know this responsibility.   Were you ever informed of the above requirement when viewing/signing the agreement for the property by either the Housing Association/Support Worker? (if the answer is NO then bear than in mind as this is ammunition to use against them)   Now anytime you write to the Housing Association on this matter you make sure and title your letter as a 'Formal Complaint' and to keep a good paper trail of everything and ask the post office for Free Proof of Posting.   You also need to make sure that you take photographic evidence of all the damage to the property not just your own belongings.   Now as state you now need to make a Formal Complaint in writing explaining everything that and what you have been told to date and that you require the following:   1. Clarification as to how many complaints have been made in your building due to drainage issues whether it be an individual properties toilets/sinks/baths/showers/kitchen sinks/washing machine drainage etc.  ( just to clarify you ar not asking for that individual/Tenant data but the statistics of how many compliaint's on this matter) 2. Clarification as to who is responsible for the Drainage outside the building (refer to the exact blockage area outside the building) whether it is the Housing Association/Council/Water Company. 3. Copy of your Compensation Policy (not the leaflet) 4. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 5. Copy of your Customer service Charter/Policy (not the leaflet) 6. Copy of your Public Liability Insurance (not the leaflet) 7. Copy of Repairs an Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)
    • Retailers and 190 other businesses broke the law by underpaying workers, the government says.View the full article
    • More people are hiring boats to travel along the UK's canals and rivers amid travel restrictions.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

Secured Loan Advise ...


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



Just writing this on behalf of my parents whom took out a secured loan for £8400 with swift (+£1176 PPI) ... the term was over 84 months (7 years) which was reached July 2010, however having a rough 'count' so far it would seem as if they have already paid just over £17,000 to swift and counting.


On 19th October they recieved a letter stating 'the current balance is £7,236.86' and arrears of £327.00 ... I'm struggling to see how a £8k loan ... that's had over £17k ploughed into it still has a balance of £7k ... What's more, the PPI was only for 60 months, yet the loan was 84 months, does this sound right? ,,,


My parents have asked for information relating to exactly how much has been paid, charges etc but have yet to have a reply to any of the emails or letters sent in ... the only thing I can say is the letters where made by my parents and not a template letter, but ive decided to stwep in now and help where I can.


Can anyone advise the best way to proceed? my parents cannot pay this AND the mortgage each month and keep going around in circles.


Thanks in advance


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the CAG forums Mike, I think you need to send off for a full SAR in the first instance. I presume your parents received this loan through a broker, and apart from the brokers fee your parents paid, it is likely that there is also an undisclosed fee (which won't be on your agreement) which Swift also paid to the broker !! There sounds like there is a significant amount of excessive fees on the account too. As for the PPI, were your parents told that in order to obtain the loan they would have to have PPI ? was there any kinds of means and needs statment taken from them with regards to any other insurances / policies they also had at the time ?....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.


DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation






IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.


Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am new to this site, and can see how helpful it would be, but is there any recommendation for a lender who will give credit to someone with bad history?


Hi Arabellau,


If you take the time to read this and other threads relating to lenders who offer credit to people with bad credit histories I think you will find the answer is no.


There may still be lenders out there who offer this sort of credit, (I assume you're looking for a secured loan as you've posted on this thread) but you won't find anyone recommending them. Quite the reverse, anyone who has had dealings with these lenders and the brokers who pass business to them will tell you to steer well clear. Even consumer bodies such as Which? have said that secured loans are best avoided.


If you're experiencing financial difficulties then it may be more sensible to sort out your existing debts and arrange affordable repayments rather than borrow more money. For advice on this you could try the Consumer Credit Counselling Service or CCCS who are a debt advice charity but I wouldn't recommend going to a fee charging debt adviser.


Good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

i am dealing with a secured loan that is 1000 per month on top of my mortgage over 4 years i have

paid 48000 - when i asked for a redemption figure they said 87,000. I borrowed 70,000 so how does all

this work? It has broken up my family the pressure of meeting this every month. it is repayment and

when i asked for an interest only period of payment they flatly refused.


i finally got the gumption to request a SAR. On March 8 2011 I requested the original loan agreement

and other things which have not come. I beleive they are in breach of the Consumer Credit Act and that

I can now go to FOS about it and unfair relationship test.


I get in a dither with these things and would appreciate a cool headed mentor to account to re this

forum to get me through this,


Whenever I deal with a creditor I have behaved like a fumble fingers and I really want to deal with

this crisply and cleanly. Thank you. The company is Prestige - How can I get them to reveal the

broker fee and undisclosed fee. I was not in my right mind when I took the loan - a young man

kept telling me to call him on his private phone and to use his accountant at the company Positive

Lending he was working at. He stung me for another shark loan but I beleive he was working without

CCL Consumer Credit License - where does that leave me? thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...