appeal against ESA medical report..

davidbrown80

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

im new here . i hav been claiming esa since it started i think my story is that about two and a bit years ago i started getting a pain down my right leg after seeing my doctor i was sent for xrays that showed i have arthritis in both hips and also both knees and was sent for a hip replacement last oct . and this did not ease the pain i was getting so i was sent to see a specailist who told me i have spinal stenosis and that my back is damaged in three places and that there is not real cure or operation that will ease my pain and that it would be very risky to opparate on it . i cant walk anymore than about fifty yard without pain in my leg and cant sit anymore than a few mins as it causes pain in my back ive been put on strong painkillers and its the only way to control the pain . ive since been to see two other specailist who comfirm the same thing except that one said i will need a major opperation to screw metal plates on my spine at some point (not keen on that idea ) and that this condition will only get worse and in recent times ive found that i have arthritis in my right shoulder and both hands and to cap that im now on rampril to lower my blood preasure . in aug i was sent for the atos exam again and ive just been told i wont get esa anymore as i scored zero points. anyway decided to appeal (doctor i saw at atos was a physiotherapist im surprized to say the least that they think he knows more about my condition than the three specailists ive seen . caould anyone give me any pointers wot to include in my appeal form apart from the letters from the specalists etc. thanks

thread moved to here

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi

im new here . i hav been claiming esa since it started i think my story is that about two and a bit years ago i started getting a pain down my right leg after seeing my doctor i was sent for xrays that showed i have arthritis in both hips and also both knees and was sent for a hip replacement last oct . and this did not ease the pain i was getting so i was sent to see a specailist who told me i have spinal stenosis and that my back is damaged in three places and that there is not real cure or operation that will ease my pain and that it would be very risky to opparate on it . i cant walk anymore than about fifty yard without pain in my leg and cant sit anymore than a few mins as it causes pain in my back ive been put on strong painkillers and its the only way to control the pain . ive since been to see two other specailist who comfirm the same thing except that one said i will need a major opperation to screw metal plates on my spine at some point (not keen on that idea ) and that this condition will only get worse and in recent times ive found that i have arthritis in my right shoulder and both hands and to cap that im now on rampril to lower my blood preasure . in aug i was sent for the atos exam again and ive just been told i wont get esa anymore as i scored zero points. anyway decided to appeal (doctor i saw at atos was a physiotherapist im surprized to say the least that they think he knows more about my condition than the three specailists ive seen . caould anyone give me any pointers wot to include in my appeal form apart from the letters from the specalists etc. thanks

just to add ive been to my doctors today and he says he will support my appeal and as give me a letter from one of the specailists ive seen confirming my problems . strange that i saw the specalist only about two days before my atos medical so it would seem that my doctors are wrong and theres are right . odd that i think.

Hello,

What you appear to have overlooked is the fact that DWP/ATOS are not interested in the diagnosis, or the illness - just that with that diagnosis and illness could you possibly do any type of work.

There are many people that have very serious illnesses, but that doesn't mean to say that they can't work - many do!

The 'medical' was there to test the various descriptors that show that someone is capable of some type of work - hence the reason why you scored what you did. It is their opinion that notwithstanding what the medical problems are, there is the possibility that you could work.

It was mentioned by someone else - 'does that include sitting at home addressing envelopes?' - yes it does, it is a job!

As you are able to use a keyboard, maybe a job at home using a computer would be possible.

Very shortly, as stated in the Spending Review' you will have to sign on as 'unemployed' and claim JSA instead. You will be made to look for a job or lose your benefits.

Be positive about yourself - think about the things you can and could do.

It is far better to have maybe a part time job and earning a few pounds than doing nothing with yourself all day and night.

Look to the bright side, the government is trying to help you - see it for what it is and help yourself more.

Gem

Hi David and welcome to Nil Pointers Club :whoo:

You'll find there are quite a few of us on here in this club and it's nothing to worry about.

It sounds like you've got things in hand for the appeal just remember to stick to the dates/timings for the appeal to be lodged and evidence gathered religiously.

If you need more advice there's Honeybees' advice on Appeals in the Sticky Posts above these ones. It is also advisable to enlist the help of a charity, CAB or welfare rights to help with the appeal.

Gemstar is correct that ATOS only look for what you can do and disregard what is wrong with you.

If you need any specific help just ask away and hopefully somebody can give you a hand :-D

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)