• Tweets

• Morning    Quick question, anyone here get pension credit?   If so how long  does it take before you get it ?   I applied for this several weeks ago, told am entitled to it, nothing since, I rang up last week to ask as was told it had been processed  and read to go, was asked what bank account wanted it paid into, I said same as my state pension. Woman said ok  it should be in soon if nothing by next week ring us back!   Have checked account and nothing, just been awarded Housing benefit and council tax help   Sandy xx
    • Hi, I received the parking ticket in the post a couple of weeks after I was in the car park at Gillingham ice bowl. I’d been waiting for my grandson to come out. I stayed in the car and because I didn’t know how long he was going to be it didn’t occur to me to pay for parking. I told them that when I got the fine. After that I ignored them because I was indignant about being fined. Eventually they stopped although they did change to a different company. I haven’t heard from them for over six months and out of the blue I get this letter.  I’ve paid for some legal advice which was and wasn’t helpful. 
    • Don't forget the one about the virus having Christmas Day off, 🤯 HT.
    • I guess we can expect ‘clarification’ from the PM tonight while the sky fills with flying pigs. My best guess on further measures: You can cross parish boundaries as long as you hop on one foot whilst humming happy birthday  Cars can move between different boroughs with differing restrictions as long as the combined ages of the occupants total no more than 90 years If your journey involves crossing county boundaries you need to download a government approved eye test chart and use this as your permit to travel.      
    • From what I can gather, which may be wrong or incomplete   The saliva test is supposed to be cheaper, easier and quicker to implement and check than the swab tests (projected at $10 in USA) BUT only effectively tests for infection in the upper respiratory tract - ie is readily spreadable by coughs and sneezes etc hence only 'validly flags people as 'not currently spreading via coughs and sneezes and only that for a limited time - perhaps a day tops.   Not sure how its supposed to check whether people are 'sweating' it out although it does seem likely that if people are sweating it - they would have it in the upper respiratory tracts - seems a reasonable assumption to me as a 'none virologist' . I'm not sure how certain it is that upper tract infections are the first - although it does seem likely in many or perhaps most cases   Not really how it was originally 'sold' - but nothing new with that It likely it uses relatively portable testing machines to test locally rather than send them off as in the reports of the 'Southampton' tests   https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-saliva-test-for-coronavirus-piloted-in-southampton https://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/what-to-know-about-new-saliva-tests-for-covid-19 https://heavy.com/news/2020/08/covid-19-saliva-test/ https://kstp.com/coronavirus/mdh-covid-19-briefing-fall-sports-changes-first-saliva-testing-sit-to-open-/5869458/ https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-08-31/covid-tests-with-saliva-are-comparable-to-nasal-swab-tests   As for charging everyone for it .. Just another way of taxing the NHS/care industry who along with schools and shop staff (IMO) would benefit the nation/community most by having it - other than that it just largely seems to be enabling the wealthy to bypass restrictions have their days out grousing and stag'ing .. as Dodo told the CBI “For that sort of test that may be a normal cost of doing business to be able to have non-socially distanced activities, but that’s different than for symptomatic people who should always feel like they can come to an NHS service.”  
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

How i stopped the annoying telephone calls on my mobile!!!!!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The golden rule is never talk to DCA’s on the phone you should insist they put everything in writing and send them the excellent phone harassment letter and demand they stop phoning you.

In the mean time you’re going to get the annoying phone calls, just the phone ringing constantly is a strategy to annoy and harass by the DCA you into paying:

I’ve found some tool tools to help:

I phoned BT and asked them to bar all anonymous calls (“caller withheld”) (141) numbers easy simple and free took 10 minutes also might help with telemarkets and prank calling

Most DCA use proper phone numbers these days but this did help!

I then down loaded a cool application for free onto my HTC phone called “easy filter” this allows me to:

Block an Anonymous calls

Create a black list of numbers

Or for whenit’s really bad, block all calls that are not in the phones contacts list

It logs all rejected calls

Blocks unknown sms messages

All this is configurable

You can either block or send to voice mail

I’m sure there a version for the iphone and other similar applications for other smart phones, Lets all try and make there life’s harder!

any other ideas?

• Confused 1

I use the "BuzzOff" app on my BlackBerry. There are a few apps but the key is to use one that has the ability to pickup-and-hangup immediately meaning you don't keep getting annoying pre-recorded answerphone messages. It too can deal with witheld numbers

I've got a similar app on my Blackberry, only problem with the pick up/hang up facility is that it still shows as missed calls when you unlock it and if you are driving at night, the phone lights up to show a missed call or if you have it in keypad lock an annoying red lights flashes.

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Guest Cartaphilus

Whilst I don't answer numbers I don't recognize - unless it's someone like a hospital, whom I already know are calling of course - I came across an application the other week which you could use to record phone calls on your mobile. It was on a free trial (typically, as with many phone applications, you don't know that until you have downloaded it from a 'freeware site).

Another way I have dealt with them recently is redirect the calls to a number that is not in use. Do I care if it drives the person up the wall phoning from a DCA, getting a 'sorry, but the number you have called is no longer available' along with the tinny, annoying audio warning signals or similar. Not one bit!

if you are driving at night, the phone lights up to show a missed call or if you have it in keypad lock an annoying red lights flashes.

You can turn the LED off in Settings --> Options. But seriously... how easy do you want it to work...?

Subbing - very useful thread.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

I have the Blacklist app on the iPhone... very useful for getting rid of unwanted callers... in fact I changed to an iPhone just so I could have this facility!

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Application can be downloaded for free for:

the apple Iphone

Blackberry

All android phones HTC ect...

you can get a htc phone or a blackberry for around £100 on pay as you go no need to pay £350 plus for an iphone

as smart phones come more and more popular it's going to make the DCA's life harder and harder to get through :)

Perhaps CAG might want to make a bit of funds this way. Get a deal with a supplier ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Ooh oooh, I know I know!!!

http://www.freespeech.co.uk/home/index.html get one of those and give it to DCA's, that way the only time you ever know they have rang is when you log on to your emails, and you can even listen to their incessant inane ramblings online also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Perhaps CAG might want to make a bit of funds this way. Get a deal with a supplier ;)

perhas CAG could make some money by:

by partner one of the applications vendors and get them to do a modification of the application for people with debt, CAG could supply all the know phone number of the DCA so they could be added to black list as a bulk load.

they could also agree to email (spam) all the registed folks who have posted in the debt forum regading the moded application

the apps vendor could use the CAG brand name to sell the app and have a ldown load link on the cags website, they share the profits say a 2 quid download 1.50 to the vendor and 50p into cag

???