How i stopped the annoying telephone calls on my mobile!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The golden rule is never talk to DCA’s on the phone you should insist they put everything in writing and send them the excellent phone harassment letter and demand they stop phoning you.

In the mean time you’re going to get the annoying phone calls, just the phone ringing constantly is a strategy to annoy and harass by the DCA you into paying:

I’ve found some tool tools to help:

I phoned BT and asked them to bar all anonymous calls (“caller withheld”) (141) numbers easy simple and free took 10 minutes also might help with telemarkets and prank calling

Most DCA use proper phone numbers these days but this did help!

I then down loaded a cool application for free onto my HTC phone called “easy filter” this allows me to:

Block an Anonymous calls

Create a black list of numbers

Or for whenit’s really bad, block all calls that are not in the phones contacts list

It logs all rejected calls

Blocks unknown sms messages

All this is configurable

You can either block or send to voice mail

I’m sure there a version for the iphone and other similar applications for other smart phones, Lets all try and make there life’s harder!

any other ideas?

• Confused 1

I've got a similar app on my Blackberry, only problem with the pick up/hang up facility is that it still shows as missed calls when you unlock it and if you are driving at night, the phone lights up to show a missed call or if you have it in keypad lock an annoying red lights flashes.

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Guest Cartaphilus

Whilst I don't answer numbers I don't recognize - unless it's someone like a hospital, whom I already know are calling of course - I came across an application the other week which you could use to record phone calls on your mobile. It was on a free trial (typically, as with many phone applications, you don't know that until you have downloaded it from a 'freeware site).

Another way I have dealt with them recently is redirect the calls to a number that is not in use. Do I care if it drives the person up the wall phoning from a DCA, getting a 'sorry, but the number you have called is no longer available' along with the tinny, annoying audio warning signals or similar. Not one bit!

I have the Blacklist app on the iPhone... very useful for getting rid of unwanted callers... in fact I changed to an iPhone just so I could have this facility!

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Application can be downloaded for free for:

the apple Iphone

Blackberry

All android phones HTC ect...

you can get a htc phone or a blackberry for around £100 on pay as you go no need to pay £350 plus for an iphone

as smart phones come more and more popular it's going to make the DCA's life harder and harder to get through :)

Ooh oooh, I know I know!!!

http://www.freespeech.co.uk/home/index.html get one of those and give it to DCA's, that way the only time you ever know they have rang is when you log on to your emails, and you can even listen to their incessant inane ramblings online also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Perhaps CAG might want to make a bit of funds this way. Get a deal with a supplier ;)

perhas CAG could make some money by:

by partner one of the applications vendors and get them to do a modification of the application for people with debt, CAG could supply all the know phone number of the DCA so they could be added to black list as a bulk load.

they could also agree to email (spam) all the registed folks who have posted in the debt forum regading the moded application

the apps vendor could use the CAG brand name to sell the app and have a ldown load link on the cags website, they share the profits say a 2 quid download 1.50 to the vendor and 50p into cag

???