Help Please - Capital One CCA - Need to know if these are enforceable

jlw198704

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, Would really appreciate any advice or guidance on my credit card agreements....... I was on Mat Leave and then was made redundant and have since been struggling to repay debts have requested CCA and Capital one have sent me there response and attanched the CCA to them....... I need to know if these are enforceable or whether I will have to agree a payment term with them.

Many thanks in advance x

Jen

might help if you post them!

Unfortunately, until the OP has made 20 posts, she cannot post any links

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi All, Would really appreciate any advice or guidance on my credit card agreements....... I was on Mat Leave and then was made redundant and have since been struggling to repay debts have requested CCA and Capital one have sent me there response and attanched the CCA to them....... I need to know if these are enforceable or whether I will have to agree a payment term with them.

Many thanks in advance x

Jen

Can you look at the "agreement" and see if there is

1 an APR

2 A credit limit

3 Repayment terms

4 Cancellation rights

How old is the debt?

When did you take out the card?

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks Silverfox - Here goes...

1st one taken out in June 07 - Credit limit it says The Credit Limit will be determined by us from time to time under this agreement and notice of it will be given by us to you..........APR it says 34.9% APR(variable)................Monthly repayments it says "Monthly repayments are payable by the date stated in the monthly statement, The monthly payment is an amount equal to at least 5% of the outstanding balance from time to time, shown in your monthly statement or £5 whichever is greater...........Cancellation it says in a box above my signature YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL, Once you have signed this agreement you will have a short time in which you can cancel it, We will send you exact details of how and when you can do this.

The other is is exactly the same apart from it was taken out in Sept 2005 and the APR is 29.9%

With the 2007 one, it doesn't matter whether the provided an agreement or not as the rules changed a couple of months before you took that one out.

The 2005 one sounds OK too

Are there any charges that you could reclaim in order to reduce the balance?