Well finally done it.....

Ange76

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, relatively new to CAG, it is such a wonderful resource for so many people and even more so given the fact I have given up smoking yesterday....hooray for me. I had my final cig at midnight on Tuesday/Wednesday so I am officially on day two.

This is my third attempt to give up this year - at the start of the year for 10 weeks, in August for about 4 weeks and now. I have been using Lozenges and having cravings like mad but I know these are totally in my head -the only downside i can see if the large box of Heros I bought for my Xmas cupboard are now 3/4 finished

Any tips or suggestions would be most welcome as I am determined to do it this time

Thanks

A76 8-)

Day 5 - all is going well so far, I am really surprised how well I am coping with it all....but i have had a week off from work this week and its back to work on Monday so will see how it goes there....

Will update soon

Thanks

A768-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ange76,

How's it going? Been through it all, patches, gum, etc, in the end thought why am I struggling with something that's so inconvenient nowadays.

Faltered a couple of times but got there in the end. It does get easier as time goes by and you'll feel so much better.

Regards,

Bosun.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well done Like i said in another thread. Its one of the hardest things to give up

Tell me about it, I am a recovering alcoholic and giving up drinking was easy compared to giving up the darn weed.

Well done Ange76 you can do it. Been 6 years since I smoked and 13 months for the booze.

Addicted to espresso coffee now though :peace:

My Doctor says that I don't suffer from Paranoia

But I know what he's really thinking !!!

Tell me about it, I am a recovering alcoholic and giving up drinking was easy compared to giving up the darn weed.

Well done Ange76 you can do it. Been 6 years since I smoked and 13 months for the booze.

Addicted to espresso coffee now though

I only drink once in a bkue moon. The one thing i found to be addicted to after giving up smoking was butterscotch angel delight! God, i love that stuff!

I used to but 4 packs and put them in one big bowl :)