Debt Relif Order query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was on incapacity benefit and this was recenly stopped. I have made an appeal but that will take around 3 months to be heard. I now get about £160 per month on special rate income support until the outcome of the appeal. I am thinking of going for a debt relif order but i have 2 accounts that are overdrawn because of 2 checks i issued that my bank did not pay. Where would i stand on this ?

John

• 1 month later...

Hi Scouserlad

check out www.cccs.co.uk

To qualify for a Debt Relief Order you must owe less than £15K and after having taken out all living expences be left with no more than £50 a month, gross assets must be no more than £300, however if you have a vehicle and it is worth no more than £1,000 you can keep it. DRO's cover unsecured debts, such as loans and debts that have not been paid yet but are still owed.

If this is the route you are contemplating visit the website above, there is a form you can fill in online to find out if you qualify.

Hi there, you would need to get a brand new bank account with a lender with to whom you have no debt with. The overdrafts would also be placed with the DRO.

Feel free to post up any questions, I've helpd hundreds of people on to DRO's so know the process like the bank of my hand.

Hi

What my question is i have 2 bank accounts with neg balances, the balances were caused by cheques that were not paid but drawn on my own accounts with my other bank. Would the DRO cover this or would i be declined for the dro on this ?

Thanks

Hi

I thought the cheques had cleared but was only told they had not after i had used the funds. The Co-op bank credits the cheque's as availible funds before they are processed by the bank they are issued from. Thus having negitive balances now.