Parking ticket in allocated bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently received a ticket for parking in my allocated bay that belongs to my flat. I misplaced my permit which i was given by my lettings company on the day i moved in. On the friday i noticed it was missing from my car and so i called the lettings agent to tell them and they said i could get a new one from them at a charge of £10. I agreed to do that and they said they would post to me on monday. I said that time wis it may be quicker to collect on monday which i did.

I left a note in my windscreen with my mobile and flat number with a note saying permit in the post. Meanwhile on the saturday i received a ticket on my car for £75. I rang the company to tell them the situation and that it was my bay plus thr permit but they would not revoke the charge.

I then emailed them at the appeals office and explained the full story but still they would nto revoke. I spek to the owners of the building and the land and explained and she said to get confimration from my lettings agent that this is my bay and registered to me and my car whcih they did and also to explain that i contacted them to inform them it was misplaced and an agreement to collect a new one.

Even with all this evidence the parking compnay will nto revoke the charge?? What rights do i have? I am now awaiting another conact as i have not paid as yet. Can you advise me of another plan of action?

My main annoyance is that the landowners cannot tell them to overturn and there is no intermediary that you can imaprtially appeal to so its their word vs mine.

Stop communicating with the parking company in any shape or form.

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to their junk mail

Do not pay them

It's your bay. It's paid for. End of!

i have stopped now but they say that the fine is for not displaying a permit so unsure as to if thats law or not??

i wont be paying them but just wondered if anyone has had this beofre and if they had to go to court or lost the battle??

i have stopped now but they say that the fine is for not displaying a permit so unsure as to if thats law or not??

It cannot be law as a private company has no authority to fine a citizen.

i wont be paying them but just wondered if anyone has had this beofre and if they had to go to court or lost the battle??

Lot's have had similar situation and just ignored the ppc, they are very unlikely to go anywhere near a court, you are taking them far too seriously, as advised just ignore them from now on.

regards

Edited by letshelp

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

No it's not. There is no "law" covering PPC parking permits

You have the support of your letting agent and landlord/owner. They are going nowhere near a court with this and if they did they will loose.

Do they actually call it a "fine"? as you have not broken any laws, just the made-up silly rules of the parking company. You are taking these people too seriously. They are not the council or the police, just a bunch of private individuals with no more powers than you or me.

• 4 months later...

Hi Brian,

Can you please update us with your progress on this one? I am in a very similar situation with Wilmslow (they recently came to our appartments and my bay permit was still in the mail).

I made the mistake of emailing them about my situation, so they have my name/address now. :(

I am a bit worried that the security company can come in and tow my car at a later date.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

IF ITS PRIVATE LAND managed by these criminals then they have no powers to tow your car, that is theft and a CRIME. if its your bay and you pay the land owner to park there, that is the end of the matter, let them scream and shout write as many letters as they want , threaten you with a thrashing or a stoning with small pebbles if they want. If you dont dispaly then is it the end of the world knowing that they had to pay DVLA £2.50 to get your name and address ??? there loss not yours just ignore them and eventually they get bored and move onto someone who doesnt have the sence to come onto forums like these and take them on :) ....

Edited by spikes62