talk talk cut off / debt collection plz help

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3613 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi i got cut off in august and i had a final bill from talk talk 20/9/10 sayin i owed £52.76 which is 2 months bills , i have now recived a debty collection for £99.16 , i had been with talk talk for about 2yrs prior to this with no missed payments , do i contact talktalk and arrange to pay £52.76 as i no longer can afford the monthly bill and how long can they keep charging me after they have cut me off ? iv not spoken to talk talk as yet ... plz help ...

Hi ched

I would write a letter send it Recorded, explain your circumstances. Speaking to Talktalk is difficult, generally because they aren't customer friendly, they were on Watchdog recently.

Talk Talk can be extremely difficult to get hold of but an option for customers in financial difficulty called the Emergency Plan is available so you could ask for that when you write/call.

Emergency Plan is a scaled back broadband and phone service - 512kbps broadband, 1GB useage limit and inclusive weekend calls but Premium, International and mobile calls barred to limit expenditure - you just have to pay line rental and you get grace on the rest of your bill. This was bought in in 2009 and still going as far as I know. Hope this helps :)

Good Post.

Talk Talk can be extremely difficult to get hold of but an option for customers in financial difficulty called the Emergency Plan is available so you could ask for that when you write/call.

Emergency Plan is a scaled back broadband and phone service - 512kbps broadband, 1GB useage limit and inclusive weekend calls but Premium, International and mobile calls barred to limit expenditure - you just have to pay line rental and you get grace on the rest of your bill. This was bought in in 2009 and still going as far as I know. Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

This did not work for me!

I have been AOL customer for 10 years without ANY problem.

5 months ago I was phoned - would I renew for 18 months if I was given 3 free months sub. After various questions I agreed.

5 months on, I get a letter saying I owe £41.21 - 2 months sub plus added phone calls. No issue.

However, I never cancelled my 10 yr old direct debit to AOL - Talk Talk admitted - after holding on phone line for 48 mins, that data had been lost. I therefore provided details for payment of the outstanding sum, and for direct debit - which I had never cancelled - to be reinstated. (Last weekend)

Next day - I have no phone access - all calls are routed to AOL -but:

1. I had thought I had paid the bill which was none of my fault

2. I had no notifcation my calls would be barred

3. I phoned them again when I realised what was happening - was on hold for over 48 mins - got cut off.

4. AOL charge for 0844 in their package, but use that number themselves.

5. My bank inform - AOL never tried to take the outstanding bill at the weekend.

I phoned today - 30 mins waiting. Who pays the phone bill for 3 calls on 0844 at roughly 48 mins each?

Are they in breach of contract - cancelling my DD without permission, cutting my phone for 5 days or more without warning

Can they cut my phone without notice please?

Edited by Sniktar
My mistakes