Us V Halifax/Albion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have other threads regarding other credit cards and Catalogues. Am starting this one regarding Halifax as I find your advice on here fantastic. Also I find it a good record of dates as I tend to post when I recieve letters or send letters.

We have missed a few months payments on our Halifax Credit Card. Have drafted a SAR today and will post tomorrow when I can get to post office.

Have been hounded by them by telephone, I find Halifax are one of the worse for ringing. Sent a harrasement by telephone letter to them ages ago, recieved a response saying that they were looking into my complaint, phonecalls continued.

All went quiet then recieved a letter telling me a representative would be calling (still waiting for that) Sent the letter regarding doorstep collectors to them.

Started getting 'urgent' phonecalls at the begining of this week from Halifax they were even leaving their names sounding all friendly. Never returned these phone calls.

Today I spoke to a lady from Albion, was quite prepared to discuss this account with me without any security questions?!. Told her to remove our telephone number from their system as we have requested countless times for all communication to be made in writting.

Here we go again! Passy the letters and the dance of threats.

Not sure if this is the correct way to ask a question but here goes. My Husband and I have an overdraft with the Halifax and due to ill health and company going into liquidation we were unable to pay this overdraft off. We posted out to the Halifax our income and expenditure and offer of payment £1.00 monthly payment which the Halifax agreed to. We have kept this up now for a year without any blips and as soon as our finanicial circumstances change then we thought this would go on, but last week we had a phone call from a Solicitor saying the Halifax wanted the money in full, my Husband explained everything to them and they said we have to fill in another income and expenditure form send it back to them then they will escalate this to the Halifax if we don't pay them in full. Can anyone help us please we don't know what is going to happen now..

Not sure if this is the correct way to ask a question but here goes. My Husband and I have an overdraft with the Halifax and due to ill health and company going into liquidation we were unable to pay this overdraft off. We posted out to the Halifax our income and expenditure and offer of payment £1.00 monthly payment which the Halifax agreed to. We have kept this up now for a year without any blips and as soon as our finanicial circumstances change then we thought this would go on, but last week we had a phone call from a Solicitor saying the Halifax wanted the money in full, my Husband explained everything to them and they said we have to fill in another income and expenditure form send it back to them then they will escalate this to the Halifax if we don't pay them in full. Can anyone help us please we don't know what is going to happen now..

hi i would continue to pay the smelifax the £ 1 per month. which solicitor phoned you? if your finanicial situation has not changed then indeed send another I/E form . i find it strange that a solicitor would call you with reguard to this matter.

The solicitor is Fairfax Solicitors in Leeds.

ok , phone the solicitor at fairfax in leeds and tell them to send you a letter! with reguard to this matter. post it up or type its contents on your thread should they reply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

recieved my SAr today and it seems like we have been paying Payment Protection.

Now I am getting a dab hand at working out late payments etc with interest but this is a new one on me. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some reading material please :-)