Valid Reasons for Not getting a job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys - first time posting on this forum but have read quite a number of the previous posts as I am doing a course where one of the subject areas is HR.

I just have a quick question as this is something that has happened to me.....I went for a job interview did not get the job but got told I was second to someone else...dusted myself down and applied for a second position (exactly the same position just in another section)....got short-listed, went for interview, then got told I came second to someone else....but I was also told "the person who got the job was already on the existing salary and I could not turn them down for the job".

My question is....is this a valid reason for saying no to me?

Many thanks

A768-)

You was told 2nd to somebody else.

You should ask for feed back and ask how or what you need to improve on. With this valuable feedback you will have a key learning and fingers crossed you wont be 2nd again. Feed back from employment interviews is an excellent way to learn and improve.

You will also show this employer you are keen to learn and find employment and if a future position becomes available you would have left a lasting impression :)

Good luck with future interviews

• Haha 1

Solid answer from Colin and good advice. I second his best wishes in your search for a suitable vacancy - it will hopefully be just a matter of time before something comes up!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks guys - I thought this was the case. The person interviewing I actually know quite well and the conducted both interviews. I received excellent feedback for both interviews so I think it is just a case of waiting.....

Many thanks for all the assistance

A768-)