recent reposession

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i brought a car from volkswagen , had it on finance over 5 yrs , i brought in November 09 for £13500 , our family business failed in April 2010 , i rang them and said there was no way i could keep the car , they were very unhelpful and said i had to be in arrears before they could look at the agreement . i did not pay and did not make further contact as there was no point reworking agreement a car was a luxury i could now not afford. They came for the car in August 2010. i have recieved a letter today saying after the car sold i still owe £7413.73 and have 7 days to pay ... what can i do ? x

UPDATE : It was a hire purchase cca 1974 ? is there anything i can do ? ..

Edited by chedworth98

Hi thanks for reply , amount financed £14265.00 total inc charge for credit £19330.20. I had to sorn the vehicle as the tax ran out 31/7/2010 so the vehicle was placed at a friends yard on industrial estate . when the man knocked my door and said he had come for the car i gave him directions and he went there and my friend passed the keys to him . haver i done the right thing there ?

total breakdown of letter £19330.20 total amount due

£2213.35 less what i paid

£17166.85 Total

£100.00 recovery charge

£146.88 selling expenses

£9950.00 what car sold for

£7413.73 total liability due within 7 days !

no ppi on agreement . how do they expect me to pay that within 7 days if i had money like that the car would not be repossess ! any advice greatly appreciated xx