This is new Aktiv Kapital New Deal.

susyswan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. Ihave received this letter this morning .from Aktive Kapital. Outstanding balance:29.90 Dear Mrs xxxxxxxxx. We have been trying to contact you to tell you about our new incentive program called new deal. as previousley advised there are 5 levels of benefefits , each level/colour relates to the time it takes you to pay of your account. the quicker you pay . the higher the bennefits . it is important that you deal with your obligation and this is a great way to do so . to help . we want to give the choice on how you wish to manage your account so we have the following offers for you to choose from: 1. Purple option : you pay £10. 47 by October 29th 2010 We pay £19.44 and your account is clear 2 Choose frome Green Blue Orange or Red : You arrange a monthley payment plan and benefit from our incentive programe 'New Deal' to find out more about 'New Deal ' visit our website xxxxxx/new deal . here you can look at all the options available and their benefits in your own time and also select which plane works for you . alternatively . if you prefer you can call us free on xxxxx and we will go through the details with you . it doesn't say what it is for and they have got my address wrong and my post code. what should i do ignore it. :???:

Do you have any liability to Aktiv, and have they been in touch before?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Do you know what this debt is for? Have you disputed it previously?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

If Aktiv Kapital are offering discounts from the start, alarm bells are ringing.

As asked above, please post up more info on nature of debt and when you made the last payment.

Do not contact them by telephone or refuse to answer security questions if they ring you.

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

How old is the original debt?

Was there ever a period of 6 years where you did not pay?

Sounds a bit odd for a DCA to leave it for 5 years on a collectable debt.

If the debt is not statute barred, I think the next step is to request CCA.

Letter from library. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I suppose the answer is no deal and to wait until statute barred. You could send them a CCA request.

Might be worth checking your credit records to see if this debt is noted and what the default date was.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 years later...

I have also had a letter saying the same thing, saying its from Halifax, for a lot of money, they have however spelt my name wrong. I did have a credit card with halifax years ago but not paid anything for about 10 years, not sure if i cleared it or not was so long. What should i do ignore it, seeing as they've misspelt my name???? help

What is the default date on this account please.

Have you checked your credit files yet.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have also had a letter saying the same thing, saying its from Halifax, for a lot of money, they have however spelt my name wrong. I did have a credit card with halifax years ago but not paid anything for about 10 years, not sure if i cleared it or not was so long. What should i do ignore it, seeing as they've misspelt my name???? help

Hi welcome to CAG,

Have you checked your credit files yet? If not it would be wise to do so as AK have a tranch of very old card debts that are either SB already or nearly so, you can get an idea of the SB date from the default date which can be up to 4-5 months after the ''cause of action''.

Ok if you want to be rid of them now send the following letter to the Compliance Manager at AK: The letter does NOT acknowledge any liability for the debt and does not reset the SB 6 year clock, OK?

Ref: as on the AK letter.

Sir,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding a debt for £xxx .xx which you allege is owed by me, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Aktiv Kapital or any company you may claim to represent.

I thank you for prompting me to check my credit history, and from the information now before me I have concluded that any such alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment in regard to this debt.

Should Aktiv Kapital wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt you are reminded that the onus of proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred and it is not for me to prove it is.

I am aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

Given the information lais out above you will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records.

Any further collection by or on behalf of Aktiv Kapital will be treated as harassment.

This is my final response.

I have checked experian report and nothing on there about this debt or any of my debts at that time, only my recent cards, which other credit report companies should i try just so i can cover my back when disputing this with them...

I have checked experian report and nothing on there about this debt or any of my debts at that time, only my recent cards, which other credit report companies should i try just so i can cover my back when disputing this with them...

Noddle is free for life but can be a little out of date and Equifax but remember to cancel before the 30 day free trial runs out.