debt collection firm.>!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , i incurred a dbt to Barclaycard just around 15 years ago , I believe a CCJ was issued on this..but honestly cant remember...(young and stupid at the time)..I have now recieved a letter from a tracking firm that are saying that Barclaycard sold the debt to another company who are chasing it up..!!

I have not heard anything in relation to this debt in well over 10 years indeed i think it is the full 15 as mentioned above...would this come under statued time limitations..??..any help would be appreciated

hi and welcome to CAG

Two choices, ignore or tell them it is statute barred. Court judgements don't have a time limit but if no collection is made within the 6 years following judgement, a judge is highly unlikely to enforce the judgement.

Personally, I would do nothing

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

A CCJ will be valid for 12 years, but a court would want to know why enforcement has been left for so long.

Can you tell us who’s on the case? Try and find out when the CCJ would have been (though records with CRAs only last for six years).

This is ringing bells, HR – I may be wrong (nothing new there...). I thought ‘sealed’ items was 12 years (eg. mortgages). I do seem to remember a thread which discussed whether unsatisfied CCJs can be continually reregistered with DCAs...