Please help!! dismissal due to ill health pending

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope I am posting in the right place. My head is all over the place at the moment and am finding concentrating quite difficult. I have been off sick from work since April 2010 due to depression.

I am on the highest dose of anti-depressants the doctor can give me and was reffered for counselling sessions.

I have been going for occupational health meetings and meetings with HR for some time now and the last few times, I couldn't enter the ward where I usually work (hospital ward NHS) as it was too stressful so they had to meet me downstairs in reception and go elsewhere.

At my last meeting with ward manager and HR rep, I was told that dismissal was being considered should I not be able to provide a return to work date at the next meeting and they are requesting a medical report from my GP.

I am a member of unison and am wondering if I should have a rep with me next time.

I just wondered if anyone knows of the policy for dismissal on illhealth grounds for the NHS? Will I receive any kind of pay-off or anything? It is all adding to the stress and making me feel worse with worrying. I am now on beta blockers for palpitations!

Will I be entitled to my holiday pay? Will I get any notice? I am so confused.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

If you are a member of unison I would contact them now, it will be much easier than trying to fight your own corner. They should help you & request wahtever documents you need i.e. sickness/absence policy and they should also represent you at any meetings with HR/Manager if you want them to. To request a medical report there is proceedure to go through (Access to Medical Records Report) Unison will help.

Do come back here if you get no joy though.